Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?

Article about: well i bought the coat it is Absolutely high quality and very heavy and i never saw something like this before in internet the condition is very good i took some picture i hope it is origina

Thumbs up i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?

well i bought the coat it is Absolutely high quality and very heavy and i never saw something like this before in internet the condition is very good i took some picture i hope it is original what do you guys think there is one sign in the coat i took picture ? ? ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?   i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?  

i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?   i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?  

i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?   i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Hello Unknown,

I see no attachments for shoulder boards nor a slot for a dagger. My knowledge on these is extremely limited but in reading through old posts, that seems to be a fatal flaw.

The jacket does not appear to have any age to it either. Have you search at all regarding "Ruhr" zipper pulls?

Check the back of the zipper pull as well. It may say Made In Germany. Thus post war.

Best wait for others.

Regards,

Michael

P.S. The pictures are rotated, which is common if downloading from cell phones. Best bet, if you can, is to download to your computer, rotate correctly and then upload them.

P.S.S

As noted above and in my earlier post in a different thread...a search of the forum will quickly answer your questions.

Real WWII german Leather Coats?

Read this and you can clearly see the difference. It is missing all the necessary attributes. I hope you can return it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, as Michael says, this is a postwar coat and a civilian item.

?

Rule of thumb; no place to attach shoulderboards, no pistol pocket, (dont know about the slot for the dagger) and its a civilian jacket.

I am 100% satisfied that this coat is WWII and is military or para-military at the least. It is not civilian (private purchase does not = civilian) and it is not post war. I know that these have been reproduced but this is not one of any of the several reproduced versions.....in fact to make this coat (this quality) today would cost several times what these sell for.

The coat is in outstanding condition and this throws our expectations of appearance off. If this style coat has ever been made for civilian wear (WWII or after) I have never heard of it, seen it nor do I believe it...someone will have to produce some evidence of that to give the notion any merit. Can anyone show me any evidence that this STYLE of coat was made after WWII other than the known reproductions of the last 10 years or so???

The shape of the button slots is fine and known on many orignals. This style is not as common as the round hole type, but can be found on both pre-war and wartime coats from some of the Dresden makers..and maybe others.

The pocket flaps are also found in this shape (not so rounded front) they are in the correct place and are mounted at the correct angle.

The lack of a half belt is more unusual, it should be carefully checked to see if one has been removed and the seams resewn, but I have seen a couple of these coats that never had them.

I think that it is possible that this is a version made for some type of official.....not military but more like a goverment, forestry official or other para-military type.....who wore a uniform, but was not Heer, KM, W-SS or LW. You can find a lot of photos of these types wearing these coats (military cut) without shoulder straps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?   i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?  

i have ww2 german officers leather greatcoat original ?  

If you wish to believe so, that is fine. I believe you have received solid advice. Without rock solid provenance, you have a very hard argument to make as to this being WW2 period German military or political.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Did you research the zipper pulls? Did you see any other markings on the zipper?

You have it in hand so you are the best person to confirm the above. But it is not textbook, thus difficult to prove one way or the other without more details. I'm still doubtful. Further, all of the photos above are obviously famous /infamous people. There jackets would have been privately tailored, and they were allowed some "leeway". From the photos of yours I see no private tailoring label.

On the 3rd photo. What is hanging down from the inside? Are they snaps? Do they have markings?

While by no means perfect. Have you tried a black light test on any of the cloth parts?

These are just my opinions.. but if it was me, I would not take the chance

Edit: Bob beat me to it. I would take his advice on this. Having more experience than many of us combined.
    Last edited by MAP; 08-28-2017 at 07:39 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know nothing about coats...but if you're so sure about it why did you ask for peoples views in the first place?

Next time post it as a FACT....and await the praise (or the "incoming").

People have told you their opinion and yet you choose to disagree, also yet again we have not had a please, thank you or kiss my arse. I am beginning to think you are some kind of internet troll

no i'm not i also telling my idea i like third rich item so i'm not here for trolling any one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast