Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping

Article about: I bought these items at an auction a few days ago and I would like to know if they are authentic and a possible value. I know almost nothing about these types of insignia. Is the collar tab

RZM
    ?

Default Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss and Other Patches. Cloth Grouping

I bought these items at an auction a few days ago and I would like to know if they are authentic and a possible value. I know almost nothing about these types of insignia. Interestingly, one of the Jager patches has a pair of crossed skis applied to the front of it. Is the collar tab and shoulderboard from a Jager regiment, or do they belong to something else? Also, can anyone give me any info on the shooting patches? I can't find much about them. Any info would be appreciated!

RZM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping   Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping  

Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping   Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping  

Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping   Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping  

Last edited by RZM; 06-30-2017 at 07:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info Needed on Jager, Edelweiss, and Other Cloth Grouping
    P
    Many

Hello,

Nice selection of cloth!! The shoulder board is a very nice original from a Jaeger or Gebirgsjaeger unit. The collar tab appears to be an infantry tab that somebody colored in, IMHO. The jaeger patch with the skis is a reproduction to me being manufactured on a non facing color base material. The jaeger patch embroidered on dark green is a nice original. The BeVo jaeger patch is a nice original. The grey edelweiss is considered reproduction by some collectors or very late war by others. I don't know SS Insignia, which the edelweiss on black is. The BeVo edelweiss sewn to a piece of wool is a very nice cut-off. I couldn't tell you about the shooting club patches.

Fred

I agree with Fred a great little haul.

The SS version is fine.

The shooting club ones will be good too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That Schützenverein decal looks great !

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the help! What kind of value would you guys put on these? I'm going to put them up for sale as soon as I can figure out a proper value. Thanks again!

Quote by RZM View Post
    Thanks for the help! What kind of value would you guys put on these? I'm going to put them up for sale as soon as I can figure out a proper value. Thanks again!
    RZM-
    The forum is an educational institution and not a free appraisal service. We always frown on requests for evaluations. Do a little homework and look at dealer sites to get your information. Thanks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by RZM View Post
    anyone give me any info on the shooting patches? I can't find much about them.
    You're not very likely to find anything about them. These are just members' patches from civilian clubs, and although they were founded in, respectively, 1930 and 1932, these pieces are clearly of much newer vintage.

Of course, you can always contact the clubs themselves:

KKS-Tell
    Unser Verein SV Langwedelermoor

RZM
    ?

Bob Coleman, I've seen dozens of evaluation requests on this board in the 4 years or so that I have been here. Few, if any, of them were met with that reply. Cloth is not my specialty, and I know next to nothing about what I have. I picked them up for $5 at an auction with a specific intent to sell. I have searched high and low, and of course I checked dealer sites. That gives me nothing to go on. If it is listed on a dealer site, then it's obviously still for sale, so their pricing is not accurate. Even so, I can see two identical patches on the same site with a great range in price. Searching dealer sites does not help me in the least. Ebay is also a dead end for some of this stuff. There is too much fake crap on the market that is masking the prices of authentic items. Ex: I found one SS Edelweiss patch on Ebay that sold for $39 and another that sold for $125. Both, to me, look fake. That's why I asked here instead of on the WAF. I respected your guys' opinions on what I have.

CBH
    ?

You should understand that we get hundreds of Flyby-night single posters here with the "Is it Real and What's it Worth" posts. It can be really discouraging after a while and I can only Imagine what the Mods go through. It took me a while to understand this myself, but now I can totally understand where Bob is coming from, he meant no disrespect simply find a list of trusted dealers , forum search function and 50/75% precent of advertised price is true value. Hope this helps.

PS don't P*ss Bob off.

RZM-
    This is policy that the forum moderators have decided on mainly for the reasons CBH mentioned. As a moderator, it is my task to enforce forum policy as it is with all other mods. Do we catch all of these type of requests? Of course not as the forum is very large and we are not paid to sit on line and read every thread that is posted. If you do not like this policy, you are always free to complain to administration.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast