Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Jacket photo opinion

Article about: I posted these photos over at another site. I'm looking for additional opinions. Photo's are of Adolf Galland wearing an unknown jacket. Note the lower pockets have slanted flaps and are the

?

Default Jacket photo opinion

I posted these photos over at another site. I'm looking for additional opinions.

Photo's are of Adolf Galland wearing an unknown jacket. Note the lower pockets have slanted flaps and are the internal bag-type pockets -- not the more commonly seen patch-type.

I'm not aware of a Luftwaffe service jacket using this pocket configuration. From the photos shown, even accounting for the graininess and harsh lighting, the jacket Galland is wearing appears to be a different color than the blue uniform worn by Mölders.

So far, I've heard comments of this being a pre-war pattern. If so, it doesn't match any of the predecessor uniforms I've seen. DLV would be the precursor organization and their uniforms share the basic layout of the Tuchrock.

Also heard comments that this was a style worn by former Condor Legion members. Condor Legion uniforms were brown and, from the photos online, have horizontal flaps on the lower pockets.

I suggest that Galland is possibly wearing a woolen or drill material SS-VT jacket. Immediately discounted despite this jacket style sharing the open lapel style, turnback cuffs, and slanted lower pockets.

I'm not aware of any other European country using this jacket style nor any branch of the Wehrmacht using this jacket style.

I don't really subscribe to the theory of this being a tailor-made garment for Galland. Why bother? The only photos of this jacket that I've seen all shown him wearing flying boots so my assumption is that this is his flying jacket. In any other setting, he is wearing standard pattern Luftwaffe attire.

Jacket photo opinion Jacket photo opinion Jacket photo opinion Jacket photo opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jacket photo opinion
    P
    Many