Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kradmantel Wehrmacht

Article about: Hello forum! I bought this Kradmantel recently. Judging by the colors and general construction it should be a war time original. What do you think? Als always thanks for any help and Opinion

Default Kradmantel Wehrmacht

Hello forum!

I bought this Kradmantel recently. Judging by the colors and general construction it should be a war time original. What do you think? Als always thanks for any help and Opinions!
    If you need pictures of specific areas tell me, this is my first uniform piece and i have no clue on which parts are important to photograph.

Regards,
    Adravor

Kradmantel WehrmachtKradmantel Wehrmacht
    Kradmantel WehrmachtKradmantel WehrmachtKradmantel Wehrmacht

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kradmantel Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

You need a closer shot of the front chest/torso area. Especially the left shoulder area. There are post war police kradmantels that are nearly identical to the Wehrmacht ones, but with key differences

I know the reverse pocket cover is specifically a post-war feature.
    The label might be MIGUA, who made these for the police after the war.

So its probably a Post War Police one? Still interesting, as i payed not that much for it. What are the Key differences?

Also yes, its Migua, but i think they also produced War Time equipment?

The collar color and reverse pocket cover strange to me.
    The migua factory was founded in 1920, but I find no connection to a military aspect during World War II.
    The company produced floor coverings for many years to the best of my knowledge.

The post-war (MIGUA) rubber mantle gives the internet many hits.

Maybe others can help. Wartime rubber coats do not have too many known descriptions.

3 54 on top line, March 1954?

It is postwar.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks again for the Info. Personally i was not able to find another post war police example, all the other definitive Post War examples i found where either grey, or had brown collar tabs.

It would still be very helpful to know what are features of Wartime Examples, and what makes an example definitively wartime. I have found very little information online, and some dealers even sold MIGUA examples exactly like mine, as wartime. So it would be helpfull to have a trustable source for war time features,

Hello,
    Except for the general shape and lookalike material, there is almost nothing in common between the Kradmantel that opened this thread and a wartime one. On a wartime Klepper, the rubber buttoned tab on the edge is much lower than on this one, it's at the waist. Pockets flaps are turned the other way around, they're not facing towards the outside, but towards the inside. Also pockets are located lower. The third "pocket" seen here right below the collar does not exist on wartime examples. The rubber is darker and IMO thinner for a WWII period piece. There are other differences, but those are the main ones.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Here's a visual comparison to bring it home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kradmantel Wehrmacht