Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Bordmütze

Article about: Presenting my third piece of Kriegsmarine headgear - the Bordmütze 39. Not really much one can say about these, as there’s not a lot to them, but this is a typically French-made example -

?

Default Kriegsmarine Bordmütze

Presenting my third piece of Kriegsmarine headgear - the Bordmütze 39.
    Not really much one can say about these, as there’s not a lot to them, but this is a typically French-made example - by Chapelière Parisienne, Paris. This company appears to have pretty much taken over the bulk of Bordmütze production, just as J.P.Moll, Holland, became a prominent manufacturer of the Tellermütze.
    Next to the manufacturer’s stamp, the size ‘59’ has been added by the Kiel Clothing Depot.

Aside from this, the Bordmütze has the look of a Friday afternoon job, with its sloppy (and a bit too high) application of the Adler - a detail often noted in period photographs.

I must point out that the well-worn Totenkopf of the Panzertruppen, fitted to this cap, is a very recent addition (last night, in fact!), which I lightly tacked on with a couple of stitches - inspired by the attached image of a crewman from an unidentified S38 type Schnellboot (S-Boot).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Bordmütze   Kriegsmarine Bordmütze  

Kriegsmarine Bordmütze   Kriegsmarine Bordmütze  

Kriegsmarine Bordmütze   Kriegsmarine Bordmütze  

Last edited by Kohima; 02-25-2024 at 12:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Bordmütze
    P
    Many