Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine "Information" badge

Article about: Hello everyone. Here I have this badge to identify, and unfortunately I cannot identify it correctly, Thank you to the enthusiast who will be able to help me.

Default Kriegsmarine "Information" badge

Hello everyone.

Here I have this badge to identify, and unfortunately I cannot identify it correctly,
    Thank you to the enthusiast who will be able to help me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine "Information" badge
    P
    Many

Hi Crazy cat.

It looks like a Commemorative Badge For Army Airships. I can’t help with authenticity, but to me it looks like a cast reproduction, or maybe it’s the photo quality.

Information -

A Mint Commemorative Badge for Army Airships (Zeppelin Badge) by P. Meybauer

Germany. A mint German Commemorative Badge for Army Airships (Zeppelin Badge), by P. Meybauer, Berlin, in in silver plated brass, with green lacquered wreath, 67.88mm x 38.77mm, with rare stamp of maker P. Meybauer, Berlin, on reverse, with full factory lacquer evident on obverse and reverse, with (unknown) museum number on reverse, in virtually mint condition; a top quality example, and very rare with maker's mark of P. Meybauer.

Footnote: For similar badge by same maker see page 576 (Carsten Baldes, Aircrew badges and and honor prizes of the Flying Troops 1913-1920). Total true aircrew personnel of the Army Airships numbered around 500 during the War, however during the War no badges were issued to them (although the plan existed early on, it was cancelled); instead the badges manufactured and issued in the Summer of 1920, by the Weimar Republic as " Commemorative Badge for Airshipmen".

Source -

A Mint Commemorative Badge for Army Airships (Zeppelin Badge) by P. Meybauer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine "Information" badge   Kriegsmarine "Information" badge  

ahh great, me who thought it was a U-BOAT.
    thank you Willmore