Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...

Article about: Hello. I got this Kriegsmarine leather-jacket, the short version used by engineers. Is it original or not? The collar, side-pockets and the strap on the back is details that I never seen on

Question Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...

Hello. I got this Kriegsmarine leather-jacket, the short version used by engineers. Is it original or not? The collar, side-pockets and the strap on the back is details that I never seen on a Kriegsmarine engineer jacket before...The side-pockets looks like them from a deck jacket, but the color is not the same grey one.
    Can this maybe be a late war "economi-model"?
    The long version deck jacket is bigger and cost more money to make. Maybe they tried to make a hybrid to save money and materials?

Or is this extra details just added by some civilian idiot? Thanks for answers.

Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine leather-jacket. Original or not? Weird details on jacket...
    P
    Many

Nobody knows?

looks to be a post-war modified jacket.

Hi
    I appreciate I'm late to the party here, however I thought I'd add my opinion.
    Its definitely a wartime produced kriegsmarine ORs jacket. I agree it could be post war modified, however I'd lean more towards wartime modified by either an officer or senior nco. It was quite common practice with private purchase clothing and modifications to issue clothing as the uniform regulations were incredibly relaxed, especially whilst at sea.
    I have a considerable kriegsmarine collection and own a number of these modified issued jackets. Some simply have the officers rank painted on the sleeves whilst others have had collars added etc.
    A very nice jacket.
    Andy