Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe FD Tarnjacke... with a difference.

Article about: I thought you might like to see this Feld Division Tarnjacke, reputedly found in the Normandy region (though with nothing to support this claim), which I acquired several years ago. Nice and

?

Default Luftwaffe FD Tarnjacke... with a difference.

I thought you might like to see this Feld Division Tarnjacke, reputedly found in the Normandy region (though with nothing to support this claim), which I acquired several years ago.
    Nice and salty, it is one of my favourite items, but what is of particular interest (and only discovered whilst checking for weak seams), is the little field modification carried out by the original owner:
    Two hand-sewn buttonholes have been added to the cornerpoints of the front skirts, to mate with a pair of steel buttons, fixed to the inner rear of the tail.
    With the amalgamation of several Falschirmjaeger personnel into the Field Divisions, it seems the wearer was inspired to modify his garment into something resembling the Jumpsmock of that branch.

Naturally, I have attempted to wear this jacket with the buttons fastened, to see how it looks, but you’d need matchstick legs for this to work (and I am a skinny bugger)!

All the best,
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe FD Tarnjacke... with a difference.   Luftwaffe FD Tarnjacke... with a difference.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe FD Tarnjacke... with a difference.
    P
    Many

Looks good.

Hello,
    This is an interesting feature. Thanks for sharing with us.
    The "wannabe paratrooper look" was very fashionable within FD units i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Nice looking piece
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice indeed. I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!