Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe felddivision uniform

Article about: Hi guys, wanted to show you my other uniform. A named DKIG winner LWFD uniform. The uniform got destroyed on the WAF and FB for being a postwar fake. Luckily some advanced collectors stepped

?

Default Luftwaffe felddivision uniform

Hi guys, wanted to show you my other uniform. A named DKIG winner LWFD uniform. The uniform got destroyed on the WAF and FB for being a postwar fake. Luckily some advanced collectors stepped up on FB, and said that most people on WAF including the moderators and FB are idiots and that this tunic is legit. The nametag has been cut out, which happend with allot of tunics. It also came straight form the family with provance (that doesn't mean anything).

To my understanding this guys was a former LW guy that transfered to the LWFD late war. This is also why people claim the shoulder boards to be resewn and myabe even recycled GBJ ones. Which I agree uppon. But late in the war the local tailor shop used everything they could get, even if that meant taking some from the HEER. This happend allot, especially late in the war. SS even used HEER shoulder boards. His name is also no were to be found in any DKIG books, which is not uncommon for the year 1945 when he got it. There are allot of RK and DKIG winners that got it in 1945 that are nowhere to be found in the books. Also the rest of the insignia looks to my knowledge to be period applied even if this means as a so called 'fieldrepair'. It also doesn't have the obvious carraristics that are to be found on confirmed post war tunics.

He was in the famous Kurland pocket at the end of the war and one of the highest decorated men in his division. The division got captured/destroyed at the end, but some got out and took part in the defence of Pomerania.

These are some points I made to defend this jacket, but allot of so called 'experts' just said it was "postwar altered and complety fake" without giving some good explenation why it is. That is why I'm a little bit conflicted, but then yet again allot of advanced collectors told me not to worry. Still I wanted to show you it guys. All the medals that are present would be the excact medals that he would've worn during the war. I hope you enjoy. And opinions or observations are always welcome.

With kind regards,

Wesly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe felddivision uniform   Luftwaffe felddivision uniform  

Luftwaffe felddivision uniform   Luftwaffe felddivision uniform  

Last edited by wesly; 03-25-2022 at 06:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe felddivision uniform
    P
    Many

?

A really nice, sharp looking tunic!

Regards, Tobias

?

I like the look of it. If someone shouts complete fake they surely must give a reason right?

It didn't get too many 'warm and fuzzy' comments over on the WAF...

MAP
    ?

Well beyond my level of expertise. What may I ask were the key area's of concern?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The opinion on the WAF was that it was probably an Other Ranks tunic that had been pimped up.

I have owned a couple of upgraded OR's tunics for officers over the years, so I am not one of the naysayers...

Bob

?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I like the look of it. If someone shouts complete fake they surely must give a reason right?
    That's just the problem, they didn't. I gave some arguments like above and they just dismissed it as being "a post war fake and that everything has been added on". Without giving some good explenation or giving some arguments. I know it's a rare and very uncommon tunic and that not everything is 'textbook', but that's also were the problem lays. If it's not textbook it must be fake or altered. I also showed these people some period photo's or films were you see the weirdest combinations and were the sewing is done in a matter that a child could do better but still wartime done.

There are also no previous indications of other collor tabs/eagle being present there. So that's why I don't understand the reasoning behind them saying it's been a pimped up tunic. Since the medal loops are added on there in a same matter as on my other tunics.

With kind regards,

Wesly

A great uniform! I can't tell if it's original or not, that's not my area of ​​collecting. If it's a fake, then a very good one! What immediately strikes me, however, are two points. First, the rank stars look very new compared to the shoulder boards. Second, the rank stars should actually be gold, not silver.

I've now taken a closer look at the shoulder boards. It is obvious that there used to be two stars of rank (captain) and also an additional overlay between the stars, which as far as I know was only common in the Heer.

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    A great uniform! I can't tell if it's original or not, that's not my area of ​​collecting. If it's a fake, then a very good one! What immediately strikes me, however, are two points. First, the rank stars look very new compared to the shoulder boards. Second, the rank stars should actually be gold, not silver.
    True, if it's a fake. It's done very well. But I've compared it with my other two tunics and the sewing/placement looks the same, so I'm confident that it's legit. I also made the point that if a former tailor from the Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe,etc went on after the war to build tunics of original insiginia you wouldn't spot the difference between a post war or wartime made tunic. And then allot of people have 'postwar' made tunics in their collection. Regarding the shoulder boards, they're resewn but I think done during war as a so called 'fieldrepair' since there are no obvious stitiching marks like on allot of post war tunics. Therefore they are also probably recycled from another tunic because you can see that there were some other ranks pips on there. But this was not uncommon for a tunic made late war. I also think that the pips itself have been added on there by the familly. They look to be generals ones, since they're also marked with 'FLL'.

Regards,

Wesly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast