Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Feldherrenhalle

Article about: I have been trying to discover what head gear that members of the Luftwaffe Feldherrenhalle honor guard wore, besides the helmets that were blue then painted brown with the appropriate decal

Stonemint, am watching this auction closely and am on the fence bidding on it as age & time to own & enjoy it would be short lived. Decisions, decisions! BTW, this is the only other Luftwaffe Feldherrnhalle tunic I'd ever seen & being an officer all I can say is wow. The other 1 is in my collection. And that 1 needs an officer to direct it ;-)

This ensemble represents what in my mind is one of the rarest groupings (tunic-soft cap) available. Am prepared to do an earnest bid on it and the next few days & I will understand if I am a player on the grouping or will be left behind in the dust.

Regarding enlisted kepis and after have seen the officers kepi I think the enlisted kepi at some point had the candy cane piping in red and white.

While it looks certainly acceptable for kepis without piping to be worn as seen in the image from my video grab, I think for what the Luftwaffe Feldherrnhalle Honor Guard command intended was the candy cane piping to be incorporated into their kepis. I also think because the group was so short lived uniform orders issued were not realized do to the short time span of the Luftwaffe Feldherrnhalle Honor Guard existence.

I spoke with Bruce Hermann about the known vs unknown fact of this ensemble attribution. He advised he came to the conclusion & best guess that this uniform and kepi was worn in the 7th Fliegler Division. So with that it really is anyone's guess as to what unit this grouping is associated with

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Feldherrenhalle
    P
    Many

Best of luck with the auction Rich, the ensemble looks fantastic, and with a great history behind it...

Bob

I am out of the game on bidding on Grenadiers offering.

I realized as I watched the bidding and that being retired with this crazy economy being the way it is its better being liquid then sitting on something that has such a small market to appeal to when the time comes to sell. I've collected for decades and sure enjoyed it, even the downs along with the scams, it all has been a great learning experience.

And that time for me with what I have already collected and to sell is the very near future. I'd been going through what is in my collection and realized there is so much that it will be a part time job selling off bits of it here and there

As it's said "time catches us all" rings loud and clear & when it is staring you in your face and you realize that increases in everything makes you sit back and think, property taxes, income tax, vehicle registrations, fuel, food, insurances.....all the things we all face and a fixed budget including annuities one must prioritize in a sensible way.

Gone is the impetuous youth!

The Feldherrnhalle officers tunic & kepi sold for $14,000.00! Then add buyers 10% fee that makes it $15,400.00!

Way above what I thought it would sell for.

Rich, I was just as surprised as you were--I figured 8K max.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

One thing I am happy about, it eclipsed by a wide margin what I paid for my tunic and jodhpurs, from Wolfe way back when.

Not that it would sell for anywhere close to the one just sold as I do not have a kepi to go with the ensemble. But the sell price is amazing. Was advised some time ago the the para militaria stuff is a dead market, this sale proves its alive and well.

If I can ever find a kepi I'd not hesitate to purchase one as completing the ensemble is a reasonable course to take. Whether the kepi be candy can piped as I think it should be or just an SA group staff enlisted kepi as seen in an image posted earlier in this thread it would work.

I missed out on one last year, watched too long and 'poof' it was gone and it was a reasonable price too.

Moral of the story yet remains, if you snooze you lose.

I watched the auction, and the bidding on the FHH ensemble took off in the closing stages, looked like a battle between
    two bidders....

Bob

I stopped watching about an hour prior to it's end. That's when I made the decision to not participate and at the price then reason took over.

That reason is an Enlisted/NCO Group staff/Feldherrnhalle candy cane piped kepi & it would be much less than what that grouping went for. If you see one available, please advise.

The tunic & jodhpurs have been without the correct cap and if I find one that definitely would be the final acquisition of militaria for my collection and I'd consider that a restraint award for not being in competition for the grouping that just sold.

I had a question I asked Bruce Herman, Why no FHH cyphers on the shoulder boards? I told him I know it's an original tunic but find it strange that there were no FHH cyphers on the boards. He had no answer for that and that is an oddity within the Luftwaffe FHH I suppose, perhaps officers did not wear cyphers. If anyone knows advise.
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 12-13-2022 at 10:56 PM.

pixpast posted this nice color pic of the FHH jingling johnny & drum:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Feldherrenhalle  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2