Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann Goering

Article about: I have finally completed this LW Flak Kanonier uniform. I purchased the Bluse in 1982 but only had the finances to complete it in the last 3 years. I have all of the associated field gear as

Default Luftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann Goering

I have finally completed this LW Flak Kanonier uniform. I purchased the Bluse in 1982 but only had the finances to complete it in the last 3 years. I have all of the associated field gear as well. The Bluse is what I believe to be transitional type with Flak piping still present on the collar insignia. The visor cap and shoulder boards have the white HG Waffenfarbe. The white background on the collar insignia has aged and may appear darker. Neil

Luftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann GoeringLuftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann GoeringLuftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann GoeringLuftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann GoeringLuftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann GoeringLuftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann Goering

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann Goering
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Very nice Neil. Congrats on putting the ensemble together.

I am curious, is the cuff title sewn down completely along the edges to the sleeve?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

That is sweet!!
    I love the Lufty shooting award.
    Very Nice touch!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Todd - thanks for the comment. Good eye - the cuff insignia was temporarily attached. There were visible marks where one was removed and I finally located one with the same age and wear as the Bluse. So that will be replaced correctly. This was a difficult ensemble to put together. The correct visor cap alone runs between $900 and $1,500. Even the correct shoulder insignia are hard to track down. It has been my goal to get this finished and presentable for years. Neil

?

Congratulations on your perseverance and patience. Great job!

MAP
    ?

Fantastic Neil! Congrats. Nice to finally complete the project!

The visor is great!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the comments. The visor cap came from Ruptured Duck - a rather nice example.

Luftwaffe Flak Kanonier Hermann Goering

Starting a collection in 1982 and finishing it nearly 40 years later shows some dedication-congrats

Two things were an issue. First, research on proper insignia was a bit contradictory. I got several books including those by Bender and the very good and concise Men At Arms "The Hermann Goering Division" by Williamson and Andrew. The period post 1938 to 1943 saw several changes with insignia involving Waffenfarbe piping. Ron Volstad helped me make sense out of the info and we determined this Bluse is in a transitional period where red Flak piping was on the collar insignia and all else was white. There was some evidence that the cuff title was removed so I found a third pattern to replace it. However, some in the division did not wear the cuff insignia. The second issue was cost. A white piped NCO/Mannschaften Schirmmuetze is incredibly expensive. The Shulterklappen are also quite costly. It would have been less expensive to match up these items with unpiped collar insignia. Be aware of these issues if you want to get an HG uniform!

?

Great set up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast