Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe leather jacket

Article about: Hi Guys, I am thinking of buying this jacket, what are your thoughts. Regards, Shane

Default Luftwaffe leather jacket

Hi Guys,
    I am thinking of buying this jacket, what are your thoughts.
    Regards,
    Shane
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe leather jacket   Luftwaffe leather jacket  

Luftwaffe leather jacket   Luftwaffe leather jacket  

Luftwaffe leather jacket   Luftwaffe leather jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe leather jacket
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

For starters more photos, interior, zipper maker, close-ups of the attachment points for the shoulder boards are there through holes for the buttons.
    I'm sure this isn't cheap, and it's an easy fake to do to an old bickers jacket. Good luck.

To me the jacket looks like a French made jacket , Does it have the Éclair maker name on the zips if so it has a good chance of being ok as the Luftwaffe used quite a few of this model of jacket ,

One of these was "Yanked" off of Ratisbon 2 auctions ago for accusations of being of dubious authenticity. It looked original...had everything one would expect to see....but was an illusion.

Looks like the "ghost eagle" was glued on....??

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the reply, these are the only photos I can get so I might stay clear of this one.
    Regards,
    Shane

Thanks for the reply, these are the only photos I can get so will stay clear of this one.
    Regards,
    Shane

Thanks for the reply, yes I thought the eagle looked as if it had been glued as well. That's why I put it on the forum to get some feedback so will leave this one alone.
    Regards,
    Shane

CBH
    ?

The lack of photos are always a Red Flag. If something is original there is nothing to hide.
    Photos are Free these days, but excuses are many, good idea to steer clear of this one.

There are ton of these out there. One of the German Aces I did artwork for told me that after the war they were ordered to turn in leather coats etc....because the general public were in need of winter clothing due to so much loss of personal property. So a ton went to warehouses and were redistributed to the public. Also, they were immediately de-Nazified. Only if a family member had extra ones at their home that was owned by a pilot would you be lucky to find a complete and original Luftwaffe jacket.

CBH
    ?

A thousand times more likely it's a old motorcycle jacket made to look de-nazified.
    The lack of period features tells the story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast