Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please

Article about: I picked this up with a whistle lanyard and a couple of other items. I assume I named it correctly as Luftwaffe. I am assuming original but happy to stand corrected for a stupid purchase. I

Default Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please

I picked this up with a whistle lanyard and a couple of other items. I assume I named it correctly as Luftwaffe. I am assuming original but happy to stand corrected for a stupid purchase. I have not been able to figure out which level of award this would be with a metal type shell in pace of a acorn(s). All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help pleaseLuftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help pleaseLuftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help pleaseLuftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help pleaseLuftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please
    P
    Many

You are correct. Luftwaffe.

Your guy would have been a flak gunner. Hence the shell.

Grade 1: A blue-grey silk cord, interwoven with aluminium threads and dark oxidized shield.

Grades 2-4: as above, with the addition of 1-3 dark oxidised acorns.

Grade 5: Cord with aluminium threads interwoven with blue-grey silk and bright aluminium shield.

Grades 6-8: as above, with the addition of 1-3 bright acorns.

Grade 9: Cord of blue-grey silk, interwoven with dark gold coloured thread and gold shield.

Grades 10-12: As above, with the addition of 1-3 gold acorns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is spot on

Here are a few more images that may assist...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please   Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please  

Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please   Luftwaffe Marksman's lanyard without medal help please  

Thank you Ade & Bob. Much appreciated.
    John