Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Mess Dress

Article about: Hey guys, i have recently been looking at different online dealers in Third Reich militaria as i am really after a tunic, anyway a while back i saw this for £350, its a nice LW Mess Dress, i

Default Luftwaffe Mess Dress

Hey guys, i have recently been looking at different online dealers in Third Reich militaria as i am really after a tunic, anyway a while back i saw this for £350, its a nice LW Mess Dress, it is apparently for a Captain Carl Schmits and it has loops on it suitable for a EK1. The alloy eagle is Assman marked and made by Christian Schwarz and Sohn of Munchen and has all tailors labels present. There is a little bit of mothing on one shoulder and on the back. Anyway it seems like a steal don't you think? I am more than likely going to buy and i was just wondering if anybody could help me in researching the owner of this mess dress?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Mess Dress   Luftwaffe Mess Dress  

Luftwaffe Mess Dress   Luftwaffe Mess Dress  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Mess Dress
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Mess Dress

I dont know exactly how much the usd-pounds but thats a good price even at $550 or so.They go for $750-800 with a reasonable dealer and $950-$1,100 with the higher priced guys. You might be able to repair the moth holes with a good tailor.Dress aiguillettes add a few hundred dollars to the piece.All in all a nice tunic.Carl

Glen..heres a couple of photographs for reference.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Mess Dress  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Mess Dress 

Hey thanks guys, I believe everything in the picture is included in the price. Does anybody know the rank on this mess dress and what headgear may have been worn with this?
    Thanks, Glen.

Rank is of a Hauptmann [Captain].The Officers visor would be worn with this tunic and .I mixed up the previous white tunic you posted with this mess dress tunic.Sorry about that as their would be a regular officers visor and pants worn.Senior moment i guess! Carl
    Last edited by goodbuys; 11-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Hey thanks Carl, i have been looking at your previous posts, shame about the SS uniform although i believe it still looks amazing and love the SA tunic and kepi =D Anyway thanks for the information its a shame that its a white officers visor cap as they are more expensive than regular ones,
    Thanks, Glen.

Thanks Glen and i did more research on the SS tunic.The one board has a partial label on it and they are original boards.I mailed several photos of them and someone who is strictly SS told me they are good!!!The Eagle is not a repro and i am not going to start that stuff again as Ade will not tolerate anymore B.S. that went on.Whatever the other members think is up to them.I am not selling it and i will not go on anymore as their was enough anger to go around and i am not going to get that P.O.'D again!! Any way i can help i will try to.Carl

OH you are welcome, wow that is good news, well i was glancing on that thread and i thought it was best to stay out of it all =D Well thanks again,
    Thanks, Glen.

Ah Ha that sounds better carl =D
    Thanks, Glen.

Hey guys good news... I have spoken to the dealer and he said he will except £300 + £10 postage for it, and he will hold it for up to three months, so no rush for the money although it would be rude to keep him waiting and it includes all insignia. And i have also seen a Luftwaffe Lanyard for £50! Well here are the pics of the moth damage which really doesn't bother me as there isn't much and it is all on the back =D
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Mess Dress   Luftwaffe Mess Dress  

Luftwaffe Mess Dress  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Mess Dress 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast