Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Pilot Observer Badge

Article about: OK, I'm gonna step ri ght up and show my ignorance so please be kind to the feeble minded PIcked up this cased LW badge. No real investment as it came with a large collection of good stuff!

Default Luftwaffe Pilot Observer Badge

OK, I'm gonna step ri ght up and show my ignorance so please be kind to the feeble minded
    PIcked up this cased LW badge. No real investment as it came with a large collection of good stuff! It looked good to me but I can't find that this maker even exists???Luftwaffe Pilot Observer BadgeLuftwaffe Pilot Observer BadgeLuftwaffe Pilot Observer BadgeLuftwaffe Pilot Observer Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Pilot Observer Badge
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It is my understanding that these were all post war made. I think there was a thread on these somewhere here. But I can't find it. The "letters" are the initials of the guy/guys who made it.

But I can't remember the details and can't be sure if I'm correct.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

MAP is correct. That "maker" mark is a known post-war copy and never appeared on original war time badges. There are other tells, but the fake maker mark is the dead give-away.

?

Blimey, that’s frightening for a fake... (assuming you remember correctly, MAP).
    Very good quality, prima facia.
    The thing that would give me pause is the Adler’s enormous, comedy beak!

It’s funny (and a good thing), how one little alarm sets you looking deeper...

I’m certainly no expert when it comes to such badges, so I’m interested to see how this thread develops!
    Always learning,
    Bob

Edit: TWS just beat me to it with a quality appraisal!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Blimey, that’s frightening for a fake... (assuming you remember correctly, MAP).
    Very good quality, prima facia.
    The thing that would give me pause is the Adler’s enormous, comedy beak!

It’s funny (and a good thing), how one little alarm sets you looking deeper...

I’m certainly no expert when it comes to such badges, so I’m interested to see how this thread develops!
    Always learning,
    Bob

Edit: TWS just beat me to it with a quality appraisal!
    To clarify. It is a fake. But, my "recollection/correction" is if the letters are the initials of the guys who made it. Wish I could find that thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks all. I searched the initials and didn't come up with anything. Yes, it's an attractive badge! Glad it doesn't have more believable marking. If there is hope for the case, I will post better pics of it. This is from an older collection (old being relative!) so possible case was married to the badge.