Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG

Article about: Hello friends, Today I'd like to show for your comments and opinions a Luftwaffe tropical tunic in the rank of Feldwebel in the flying-troops/fallschirmjaeger branch. This particular example

?

Default Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG

Hello friends,

Today I'd like to show for your comments and opinions a Luftwaffe tropical tunic in the rank of Feldwebel in the flying-troops/fallschirmjaeger branch. This particular example comes with cloth versions of both the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold and the Luftwaffe pilot's badge, as well as a ribbon for an Iron Cross, 2nd class. The first-pattern Luftwaffe pith helmet is just on for effect; it had its own thread here: Luftwaffe 1st Pattern Pith Helmet for review

The construction seems consistent with what it should be, as far as I can tell (pockets, buttons etc.). Would it be correct for this tunic to have collar tabs and matching NCO tress, or would it have been normal for the tropical uniform to go without? I can see no trace of collar tabs or tress ever having been on the tunic.

I have given the DKiG its own thread here: Deutsches Kreuz in Gold, stoffausführung

Grateful for all comment; apologies also for the light - the spell of good weather where I am shows no sign of ending. Not a cloud in the sky, so it's hard to avoid shadowing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG   Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG  

Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG   Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG  

Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG   Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG  

Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tropical tunic to a Feldwebel, w/ DkiG
    P
    Many

?

Anyone care to offer an opinion? Nothing blatantly wrong staring at me here? I suppose no news is good news...

MAP
    ?

Looks nice. Not my area of expertise though so I can't help with authentication.

Interesting how the cloth pilots badge is so close to the award loops.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree, looks like a lovely piece.

Cheers

Bob

?

Yep, a fine example.
    It was not intended that collar patches would be fitted to the tropical tunics (including the blue and Schilfgrün types), though some individuals chose to - very much a rarity, however.
    Also, Luftwaffe NCOs commonly wore no tresse to the collar edge (possibly indicative of supply shortages).

As MAP says, the pilot badge vs. award loop spacing is oddly clashing, and the badge would ordinarily be mounted below or slightly overlapping the bottom edge of the pocket. It makes me wonder if it wasn’t, perhaps, a later addition by a collector or dealer (a great shame, if that is the case)... although it could equally be thus fitted by the original wearer.