Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Uniform Question.

Article about: Hi , Looking for some opinions on this uniform. Is it authentic WW II ? It did pass a black light and burn test. Buttons with a blue wash on them are marked Fredrich Linden, Ludenscheid. Tha

?

Default Luftwaffe Uniform Question.

Hi ,

Looking for some opinions on this uniform. Is it authentic WW II ? It did pass a black light and burn test. Buttons with a blue wash on them are marked Fredrich Linden, Ludenscheid.
    Attachment 571077Attachment 571076Attachment 571073Attachment 571075Attachment 571069

Thanks in advance for any help, Jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Uniform Question.
    P
    Many

I think you will need more closeup pictures of the collar, under it lining close ups also some of it I like and some of it I don't. That lining inside needs to be examined further, I have not seen that type before unless it is a private purchase get more detail pictures as bad as I hate to say it and some of the tunic experts will hopefully weigh in they will want to see that insignia more closeup especially that cuff title. timothy

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum! I will more or less echo Timothy's comments.

Certainly not an issue tunic. The lining and cut would rule that out.

I would say it is original, but private purchase going by the pics shown so far. It shows genuine age going by the heavy fading to the wool.

I would like to see a close up on the cuff title. It looks to be embroidered at a slant, which would be a big concern.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looks ok imo.

?

Default More Detail Pictures.

Attachment 571427Attachment 571429Attachment 571430Attachment 571397Attachment 571391Attachment 571392Attachment 571393Attachment 571388Attachment 571389Attachment 571387Attachment 571385
    Attachment 571383Attachment 571384Attachment 571386Attachment 571396Attachment 571398Attachment 571401

Hi,
    Thanks very much for the replies. I have added more close-up pictures. I was also wondering about the cuff title as well,
    I did come across some information and photos of this Cuff title that looks very similar to the one on this tunic. Please see : Cufftitles of the Luftwaffe linked below, and thanks again, Jeff

Cufftitles of the LuftwaffeAttachment 571397

The breast eagle is certainly bad. It lacks the highlight feathers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the response, I don't understand exactly what you mean about the highlights of the feathers. Are you referring to a definition/contrast between the feathers? If so, I can see what you mean in the photo posted. However in person I can
    count the feathers at 4 feet away, even without my spectacles.

From the other close up photos are there any other opinions?

Thanks very much , Jeff

Hi Jeff, have a look at this pic to illustrate what I mean. I have circled where to look. Luftwafffe eagles should have these highlighting, separate, threads. There should be these 4 long stitches in place.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Uniform Question.  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The breast eagle is certainly bad. It lacks the highlight feathers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed Ade, complete garbage and poorly applied through the lining.

A put together job I think on a post war tunic, notice the pocket linings, not what I would expect on a period piece and the cufftitle looks bad and recently applied as does the chevron.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And, black light and 'burn' tests are meaningless indicators of authenticity. German industry was widely using synthetic dyes and threads as far back as the 19th century.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast