Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic

Article about: Hello all, A good buddy of mine has this tunic here. Now, I know where he purchased it and he bought it from a very reputable person that I'm sure will take it back in the event this is foun

Default LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic

Hello all,

A good buddy of mine has this tunic here. Now, I know where he purchased it and he bought it from a very reputable person that I'm sure will take it back in the event this is found out to be incorrect. There was a thought that it was a converted West German tunic. I went searching on the web and found some postwar tunics with dual left breast loops on them which would explain what's going on with the Flak tunic, as he probably would not receive a wartime 1939-1945 flight clasp while firing anti-aircraft weaponry. It certainly does look like the liner was opened up for alterations near the sleeves. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time and for looking at this one. Would really love to get some help on this one regardless of what it is

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic   LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  

LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  
    Attached Images Attached Images LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic
    P
    Many

here are some additional photos for reference.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic   LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  

LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic   LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  

LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic   LW Offcier Flak artillery uniform - postwar West German converted tunic  

Hi William, is there a dagger hanger inside the tunic?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Some additional thoughts now I have had a cup of tea.

Look close at the breast eagle: I think there is evidence of a previous one being on the tunic. Look between the wings, it appears there is an old stitch line on the tunic.

Not sure what is going on with the old pink thread showing under the collar where the tabs sit?

The shoulder boards do look like a nice tight fit though?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think its a Bundes Luftwaffe tunic,no dagger hanger or hole no loops below the pockets.

I have a question into the owner about the dagger hanger and will get back to you two ASAP. Thanks for the help thus far.

William Kramer

It may be just the angle of the photo, but that eagle doesn't look right to me either....