Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??

Article about: Good eve again, friends. I've recently received this very nice field blouse. I was sold to me as an M40 with Panzergrenadier shoulder straps. I have some questions, if I may trouble those of

Default M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??

Good eve again, friends. I've recently received this very nice field blouse. I was sold to me as an M40 with Panzergrenadier shoulder straps. I have some questions, if I may trouble those of you with a keen eye. It looks like a good tunic at first glance to me, but a few things:

• It's in excellent shape with only a few very minor stains and one, what appears to be, moth nip or other kind of hole. It passes the smell test, it smells just like my other 80 year old wool garments... but... could it have been unissued? I'm just surprised at the excellent condition. No signs of sweat or staining on the lining, either...

• The internal suspenders look to be in suspiciously perfect shape... EDIT - these are confirmed repros.

• There is no depot number near the size stamps, and that seems odd to me. Why might this be?

• I've never encountered a "Vosen & Wolter" stamp before... have you?

• Did this tunic begin life as an "M40", or do you think this was an earlier model tunic that was sent back and modified?

• The plain mouse-grey collar litzen and stitching under the collar appear good, to me.

• The breast eagle looks to be machine sewn on the top, folded and then hand finished. It does not go through the lining. It appears to me to be original. What do you think?

• There is a stamp in Russian (barely visible in one of the pics). The first part of this stamp reads "костюмер"... possibly this was part of a costumiers collection?

• The grass-green Grenadier straps look like later-war unissued examples - I think they seem legitimate, but in excellent condition. What do you think?

• As always, a million thanks to the members of this forum!

M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??
    M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??
    Last edited by DerFunker; 05-15-2022 at 05:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??
    P
    Many

The belt support straps are repros. See the texture of an original below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Feldbluse with Panzergrenadier Straps - Good??  

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    The belt support straps are repros. See the texture of an original below.
    Thank you, Nick. I was convinced they were repros, and your picture definitely confirms it. Hopefully someone will be along to give me their thoughts on the rest of the garment - it's certainly an interesting one in great shape. Thank you again.

A little studying up reveals the possibility of a private purchase EM blouse - could this explain the missing depot stamp and what I assume is a makers mark? Just a thought directed at those more savvy than I.

?

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    A little studying up reveals the possibility of a private purchase EM blouse - could this explain the missing depot stamp and what I assume is a makers mark? Just a thought directed at those more savvy than I.
    Not sure if it helps, but I have an M36 tunic to a feldwebel with a maker's mark and no depot stamp; I also presumed it was a private purchase example.

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I have an M36 tunic to a feldwebel with a maker's mark and no depot stamp; I also presumed it was a private purchase example.
    Thanks, Fiore! That's the kind of information I like. I understand that private purchases are seen often belonging to high ranking NCO's and officers, but I assume that an enlisted man may be able to have their own blouse tailored as well. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure why they would choose to do so, and certainly it would have been expensive.

I wish I could better read the manufacturer. Vosen & Wolter seems to appear to be what it says, but I can't find any information about such a company. I can't quite tell what's under the large text either... August Wolter, maybe? It's a mystery.

I would still like to hear the opinions of anyone else in regards to the authenticity of this tunic, please.

?

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    I can't quite tell what's under the large text either... August Wolter, maybe? It's a mystery.
    I would imagine that's the company's address - but like you I find it hard to make out.

Quote by Fiore View Post
    I would imagine that's the company's address - but like you I find it hard to make out.
    So I actually took some more pics in much brighter light and managed to make out "Köln" beneath the "Vosen & Wolter" stamp... so that's something more for me to go on. Thanks!

Any more opinions on the authenticity of the field blouse, gents? I can still return it to the seller, but I feel pretty confident about it (minus the repro internal suspenders, of course). It does make me wonder, though, what it could have been subjected to while in the care of a Russian costumier...

Anyone further input, gents? I'd be happy to take more pics if someone would help with an assessment.

The repro internal suspenders have been removed. The garment seems period original and correct, it's always just thrown me a bit that it's in such great shape with such clean shoulder straps. Seems unusual unless it was scarcely worn.

I wonder if it would have been cleaned while in a Russian costumiers collection?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast