MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an advice

Article about: Two days ago I bought a tunic like this on Ciney. I confirmed the originality at the stands at: Bevo Militaria Helmut Weitze Unione Militare For which I would like to thank everyone The tuni

Default M40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an advice

Two days ago I bought a tunic like this on Ciney.
    I confirmed the originality at the stands at:
    Bevo Militaria
    Helmut Weitze
    Unione Militare
    For which I would like to thank everyone

The tunic is in a very nice condition and a larger size, which was the main reason for my purchase.
    However, a few things about it puzzles me and I asked for help on this topic. I am just a beginner collector and I will be very grateful for all the answers.

1. The sleeves of this tunic have no cutouts and pleats. The sleeves end the same on each side, which is puzzling? Could this mean that they were shortened? Could it be something else?
    2. The tunic is stamped with the M42 model, but the pockets look like the M40 model? Overall, this tunic looks like the M40 model. Can you explain it somehow?
    3. Is it possible to deduce from the photos whether the tunic was shortened?
    4. The eagle on the chest is in surprisingly good condition, but it's original. Could this be a sign of secondary sewing? However, there are no signs of secondary sewing in the inside of the tunic.
    5. Shoulder boards are probably not from this tunic, at least that's what I was told. That their ranks does not match this tunic.

Can you write something about this purchase?
    M40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an adviceM40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an advice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40/M42 Infantry Feldbluse bought two days ago on Ciney Military - Need an advice
    P
    Many

Hello,
    The tunic is original, no problem.
    The number 42 stamped below the size markings is not the pattern of the Feldbluse, it's the date of its acceptance by a Heer military depot.
    It looks like a Feldbluse 33 modified 40, but the sixth closure button makes it a Feldbluse 33 modified 41.
    So it's a M41 accepted in 1942.
    The sleeves were shortened for sure.
    The waist pockets had their bellows removed.
    The Feldbluse itself was not shortened as the opening at the back has its normal length.
    The Hoheitsabzeichen is not the type applied at this time, have a look to the stitching of the lining at the edge to see if the latter was unstitched for the eagle to be machine sewn...
    IMO the front part of the collar was replaced as stitchings are not what they should be.
    The shoulderstraps are private purchase and ok for this tunic. The Feldbluse is for a NCO (tresse on the collar) and shoulderstraps are for an Unteroffizier der Infanterie (which is a NCO). This said, to go further, the Feldbluse has a slit for a saber. Unteroffiizer is a NCO without portepee, so IMO some other shoulderstraps were originally worn with this tunic, like for a Feldwebel or an Oberfeldwebel...or even an Officer candidate.
    A nice modified Feldbluse 33 modified 41...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-04-2022 at 01:27 AM. Reason: correction and addition

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

JP did a great job listing good observations about the tunic and I agree with him.

JP pointed out that "42" is the depot stamp, not a model designation. But to take that a step further to clarify: German field tunic designations like "M40, M41, M42" and so on are collector terms. Meaning, they were invented by collectors to differentiate between different variations in German field tunics. The German Heer did not use those terms. Mostly, regardless of variation, the German soldiers just called it a "Feldbluse" or sometimes "Jacke".
    Last edited by TWS; 11-03-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hello,
    I did watch the photos quite quickly the other day and missed something about the Feldbluse. It was shortened a bit, the stitchings on the lowest part of the tunic show some anomalies. The stitchings from the factory and those from the modification are visible and the opening, which seemed in full length, was probably shortened a bit as well. It was also fitted to the wearer's size and even the lining has been modified.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)