Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Tunic out of the woodwork

Article about: Hi, I most recently picked up a couple Tunics out of a Vets estate auction and would like to post them and raise any thoughts, opinions and observations. This, what I believe, M40 Infantry T

?

Default M40 Tunic out of the woodwork

Hi, I most recently picked up a couple Tunics out of a Vets estate auction and would like to post them and raise any thoughts, opinions and observations. This, what I believe, M40 Infantry Tunic (along with pants), and a Luftwaffe Tunic (will be in another separate post), seems to be beaten up by the moths, and cob webs from being in an attic or basement for a long time. Other than the dust, dirt and cob webs, it seems that the tunic was not worn much. The breast eagle has been removed, for the eagle ghost (and some thread) is faintly visible over the right pocket. The size stamps, manufacturer and depot is clearly marked on both the Tunic and pants (pants depot, I assume is the same...but hard to figure out.).
    (an after thought... in your opinions, would it be beneficial, appropriate or recommended to restore the breast eagle with an original, proper year eagle for the M40 tunic...or just leave the tunic as is?). What would you believe are the pros and cons..
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

M40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodwork

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Tunic out of the woodwork
    P
    Many

Hello,

Great looking tunic and pants. It looks like it is an M36 tunic manufactured in 1940 and the original collar tabs are under the backed pair of einheits tabs that are on there. For me an M39 breast eagle, grey on dark green would look good on this jacket.

Fred

?

Default Breast Eagle

Hi Fred, Nice observation, I never would have thought that it may be a M36 (with manufacture date 1940), with other litzens underneath the current collar.
    Also... is anyone familiar with the manufacturer's stamp by the sizing stamp. Close up it itools like "Lize Gen. Baden"
    As you mentioned, I happened to have this Breast Eagle and was wondering, if this is what you meant and it will do? It appears to be a "flat wire (?)" eagle on Grey backing.. on Blue green Feldgrau?
    Also... whats the consensus and opinions on dry cleaning... I'm afraid that moth eggs still may be present?

M40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodworkM40 Tunic out of the woodwork

?

Ade...Thanks for the "Like"

Hello,

No I do not believe that this eagle would be correct on this tunic. If you were to use a flatwire eagle a 2nd pattern on dark green would be more appropriate. I personaly would apply an M39 style, Grey on dark green, eagle. I believe it to be more appropriate to the rank instead of a flatwire.

Fred

?

Thanks Fred. I think I can dig up an M39 Grey on Dark Green Eagle.
    Thanks for the PM.