Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Me, the customs official and a great coat!

Article about: Little report from my yesterday visit by the german custom. I bought a great coat from a member in USA two weeks ago, and on Monday the custom from my neigbour town, write me to claryfield t

Default Re: Me, the customs official and a great coat!

German Law states this:

Section § 86, 86a of the German Criminal Law.

"Items that are used for making propaganda for a party or group which is classed as unconstitutional or forbidden, even if they act outside Gemany, may not be spread inside Germany. This applies for items made to propagate ideas that correspond with the ideas of the "Third Reich". They might not be made, kept, imported or exported. The punishment may be prison (up to three years) or a fine.

This does not apply if those items are used in order to inform others, repel actions that are aimed against the constitution, if they are used in art, science, research, teaching, or to report about historical events or similar purposes.

If you use or show symbols or signs used by parties or groups that can be classified as unconstitutional, or if you manufacture, keep, export or import those, you may be punished (three years imprisonment or fine). You may not use or spread items that display or contain those signs or symbols, e.g. flags, insignia, uniforms (or parts of uniforms), mottos and forms of greeting. You may also not use or spread signs or symbols that look similar to those. This does not apply if those items are used in order to inform others, repel actions that are aimed against the constitution, if they are used in art, science, research, teaching, or to report about historical events or similar purposes."

So it is perfectly legal to collect items. But a swastika or other banned mottos or symbols must never be publicly shown. All of this was laid down in Law to prevent any use of these by neo Nazi groups.

As Steve mentioned, at shows in Germany, dealers place little circulars sticks over swastikas, runes, mottos on buckles etc. I saw one dealer get fined as a customer had removed a sticker to look at a buckle. He had not noticed. The Police do not care and he was fined regardless.

No restrictions in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Me, the customs official and a great coat!
    P
    Many

?

Yes, there is a possibility in that for customs to deny import of uniforms, as there might be insignia with swastikas on the uniform.

Hi
    Looks like the nightmare i had these days.
    I've desided to sell one of my m36 officers privatatelly purchased tunics.
    And i sent it to the new owner
    then, the buyer told me he did not receive the item.
    And i checked - the item was held by the customs.
    I received a letter they will hod it "in the name of the country"
    The buyer received a redund via paypal ( he complained )
    and I lost one of my favorite tunics.
    So there is a huge problems with this items in Europe.
    Cheers

George

Well, You always have to know a good lawyer:-). It is not prohibited to collect III Reich items in Germany. But well, in many cases people who work in custom department or in police and not the smartest ones. I belive You just had a bad day and met with the dumbest custom officers in Germany. Sue them if You much spare time and money. When You are sending out a German helmet is is wise to write "Biker helmet", if You will send EKII, mark it as "old badge" etc.

?

Quote by jorkataaa85 View Post
    Hi
    Looks like the nightmare i had these days.
    I've desided to sell one of my m36 officers privatatelly purchased tunics.
    And i sent it to the new owner
    then, the buyer told me he did not receive the item.
    And i checked - the item was held by the customs.
    I received a letter they will hod it "in the name of the country"
    The buyer received a redund via paypal ( he complained )
    and I lost one of my favorite tunics.
    So there is a huge problems with this items in Europe.
    Cheers

George
    Thats nuts!

I hope you manage to get it back.

Go get 'em!

Don't know where about you live in Germany, but I live in Belgium near the Dutch border, and I have my US buy's send to a PO box in Holland.
    That makes the item being in "transit" in Holland, ...I pick them up personally and never had any customs asking what so ever question...
    When send to my personal adress, items coming from out of the EU zone are always subject to fee's!
    |<
    ps keep thise quiet!!
    ;-)
    Last edited by stuka f; 11-01-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Don't where about you live in Germany, but I live in Belgium near the Dutch border, and I have my US buy's send to a PO box in Holland.
    That makes the item being in "transit" in Holland, ...I pick them up personally and never had any customs asking what so ever question...
    When send to my personal adress, items coming from out of the EU zone are always subject to fee's!
    |<
    ps keep thise quiet!!
    ;-)
    Lol, I was about to say...you can get arrested for doing something similar to that here. The former CEO of Tyco, Dennis Kozlowski, got charged for buying $15 million dollars worth of art and having it shipped to an out of state address so he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ps keep thise quiet!!
    ;-)
    Dont worry, the secret is safe between you and the interweb

Quote by Scout View Post
    Dont worry, the secret is safe between you and the interweb
    Let's hope!
    ;-)

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Lol, I was about to say...you can get arrested for doing something similar to that here. The former CEO of Tyco, Dennis Kozlowski, got charged for buying $15 million dollars worth of art and having it shipped to an out of state address so he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it.
    djee!! I am only 1 million away of that figure.....
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast