MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mint Grenadier Normandy 1944

Article about: Whether the story is true or not, i dont know but the one thing that hits me right in the face is the fact that its a perfect fit for this person, now what would be the chances of that espec

Default Re: Mint Grenadier Normandy 1944

There was also a suitcase with parka and pants which were never distributed. In the time(period), I think that it was about command(order) of uniform for a renewal "to refresh" a fighting unity(unit).
    Uniforms were commanded, and received in 1944 but them were never worn and used. !!!
    I sale my set, because i will buy Mkbh42 and Cover helmet heer.

pics of parka/pants

Mint Grenadier Normandy 1944
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-04-2017 at 04:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Grenadier Normandy 1944
    P
    Many

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    In such a shape it's almost unbelievable!!!French weather is soooo good for conservation....He also thought to add some anti moths tablets
    Hello Sebfrench,
    Does your ironic comment means that you do not believe the story behind this grouping ?

Kurtzmann : How do you know that these suitcases full of treasures weren't left behind by a collector instead of a german soldier ?

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JPhilip,franckly sorry to be a bit sarcastic but indeed ,i don't believe in this story.
    A couple of years before,i surely did.

Hello Sebfrench,
    I know what you mean, but remember that it's supposed to have been found in 1981, not today, that's make a huge difference IMO.
    I have no dog in this race as say our english speaking comrades, but i know that such a thing was still possible in 1981. I have seen more extraordinary things than this in the 80's. Not saying it was left behind by a german soldier, but why not by a collector ?
    Who knows ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

The day i understood that Bambi's mother had been eaten with a wine sauce and never made it to the promise land of the does,i stopped believing in fairy tales.
    2 facts are amazing:
    -this set is for sale at 6500 euros at the same time on this forum.
    -this is a world forum with thousands of members...If i was to collect german stuff and find this thread,i would be like a kid,asking for more ,more pics...
    Here you have only a couple of replies..
    I have nothing against this french collector,since i donnot collect myself.I'm just amazed by the ammount of "Normandie-certified- relics-that-gently-waited-decades-in-a-suitcase"to be re-discovered..Just my 2 cents...

?

How about that trunk full of items (uniform parts etc), which was found in the ground in the East, was that ever verified (if I might ask in this thread)?

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    The day i understood that Bambi's mother had been eaten with a wine sauce and never made it to the promise land of the does,i stopped believing in fairy tales.
    2 facts are amazing:
    -this set is for sale at 6500 euros at the same time on this forum.
    -this is a world forum with thousands of members...If i was to collect german stuff and find this thread,i would be like a kid,asking for more ,more pics...
    Here you have only a couple of replies..
    I have nothing against this french collector,since i donnot collect myself.I'm just amazed by the ammount of "Normandie-certified- relics-that-gently-waited-decades-in-a-suitcase"to be re-discovered..Just my 2 cents...
    Hello Sebfrench,
    Yeeees.....Bambi's mother was delicious to eat, with spiced roasted potatoes...

The fact that this "grouping" is for sale is not amazing to me. The thread opened in the equipment subforum is just an advertisement, that's an old internet trick to sale militaria via forums...honestly i don't see something wrong here.

As i don't believe in fairy tales either, this "grouping" can be labelled as Normandy or Ostfront, Südfront or even Moon find, as far as all items are genuine WWII german artifacts, it does not bother me.

In the mind of some collectors, anonymous items seem to need a story to exist...
    Not my case, as far as the item is now in the condition that it was in 1945, its evocative character is enough for me...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Could we see some detailed shots of each item?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Could we see some detailed shots of each item?
    I think that would stop the negative replys.

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Sebfrench,
    Yeeees.....Bambi's mother was delicious to eat, with spiced roasted potatoes...

The fact that this "grouping" is for sale is not amazing to me. The thread opened in the equipment subforum is just an advertisement, that's an old internet trick to sale militaria via forums...honestly i don't see something wrong here.

As i don't believe in fairy tales either, this "grouping" can be labelled as Normandy or Ostfront, Südfront or even Moon find, as far as all items are genuine WWII german artifacts, it does not bother me.

In the mind of some collectors, anonymous items seem to need a story to exist...
    Not my case, as far as the item is now in the condition that it was in 1945, its evocative character is enough for me...
    Thanks
    Well said.
    And BTW; Bambi roast, mmmmmmm........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast