Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

modern nazi combat uniforms?

Article about: i was thinking about this today and i would like to get opinions from everyone on it. if the nazis had won WWII, and a nazi germany still existed today, what do you think their combat unifor

Default modern nazi combat uniforms?

i was thinking about this today and i would like to get opinions from everyone on it.

if the nazis had won WWII, and a nazi germany still existed today, what do you think their combat uniforms would look like? do you still think that they would keep the same rank system and uniform styles? how do you think their camo would evolve?

i noticed that the colors of bundeswehr jackets that are issued to german soldiers today are faintly similar to M44 dot camo so it got me thinking.

any ideas? feel free to post pictures. i might photoshop an image of what i think a german soldier would look like today and post it if i get bored anough : )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement modern nazi combat uniforms?
    P
    Many

Default Re: modern nazi combat uniforms?

I think their uniform would have change,but would I been very close to what they had.They medals and badges would have been the same.

?

hi, anyone seen the new russian camo , very ss like. came across it on a post the other night. cant find it now! cheers paul

I think the Allgemeine SS uniforms would still be the same for a Class A type dress only uniform, as you cannot change perfection, and i would think the battle dress, would be like most conventional Battle dress uniforms are today.

Brian

Here it is it is colled Partizan camo used by Police Spec Ops and "Alfa"

Nowadays: Russian Army (look on camo)

Maybe something like this:
    Flickr Photo Download: Moon Nazi Troopers

Since this is so highly speculative my two cents: I think the combat uniform would look similar to the 1960s Bundeswehr wool uniforms (Filzlaus) if they stayed with one colour. When you develop it from the M44 uniform and bear in mind that some influences by US or Brits would have existed for the hip pockets on the pants.

?

The Bundeswehr uniforms were patterned a bit after the allied uniforms. I feel that had Germany won WW2(God Forbid), the uniforms would have gone down the same road as the DDR.

Meh, not sure. The first uniforms of the Bw actually had little to do with allied uniforms, talking of the combat uniform and the service tunic. I would see it more as an original creation. Using of course the patterns and insignia planned for the EVG uniform. Don't forget that the late German uniforms like the M 44 uniform were patterned taking allied experiences into account. While the later NVA field uniforms were patterned after Soviet models to an extent. I still see wartime German clothing construction in the Bw wool combat dress.
    All this still would only apply as long as we are talking about solid colour fabrics.

?

Quote by wwmilitaria View Post
    Meh, not sure. The first uniforms of the Bw actually had little to do with allied uniforms, talking of the combat uniform and the service tunic. I would see it more as an original creation. Using of course the patterns and insignia planned for the EVG uniform. Don't forget that the late German uniforms like the M 44 uniform were patterned taking allied experiences into account. While the later NVA field uniforms were patterned after Soviet models to an extent. I still see wartime German clothing construction in the Bw wool combat dress.
    All this still would only apply as long as we are talking about solid colour fabrics.
    I feel that the evolution of the M44 uniform had more to do with material shortages than anything. I feel if Germany would have won the war, they would have gone back to the more quality uniforms. As technology would have advanced, more synthetic materials would have been used.

Surely, Germany's "victory" would have been more of a cease fire than an overall surrender of allied forces. For this reason, I feel that they would have had to maintain a large conscript military. For this reason, I based my opinion of the DDR uniform being the most likely line of evolution.

In my opinion, the 1960s DDR tunic(not the really early models, which did strongly resemble the soviet uniforms) style is the more "German" looking than that of the Bundeswehr.

Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast