Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock

Article about: Hi all, This came through the door a couple of days back, I almost didn't get it as it looked fairly bland, but then, after checking it out, it appears to be a converted Other Ranks Tuchrock

Default Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock

Hi all,

This came through the door a couple of days back, I almost didn't get it as it looked fairly bland, but then, after checking it out,
    it appears to be a converted Other Ranks Tuchrock, that has been changed to look like a Waffenrock.

I can't make out the unit stamps, they appear to be 'Fliegerhorst ...??' and with the date of 1938, and now with a five button
    closure instead of the normal four, as well as a lovely early breast eagle, in the end, it was too interesting to pass up.

The collar tabs are hand sewn, but appear to have been always that way. I added the ribbon bar for a bit of colour.
    - Shoulder boards are the slip on type.

My photos....

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock   Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock  

Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock   Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock  

Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock
    P
    Many

PS... the 5th button & button hole are hidden by the collar...

I made a mistake with my naming this tunic a converted Tuchrock... I have never owned a Waffenrock before, and this is
    indeed a Waffenrock, I initially thought it was converted to one, but nope... this is textbook....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock  

Starting to run out of room I think....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock  

?

Great addition to an impressive Collection.

?

Very nice addition Bob. I like it. Can't read unit either.

Tim

TWS
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    I made a mistake with my naming this tunic a converted Tuchrock... I have never owned a Waffenrock before, and this is
    indeed a Waffenrock, I initially thought it was converted to one, but nope... this is textbook....

Bob
    Hi Bob, that's what I was going to write. Appears to be a fine Waffenrock. Congratulations on the acquisition.

The droop tail eagle is interesting.

I only have a couple in my collection, a flight and a medical. Here's the medical. Can't find photos of the flight at the moment.

Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter TuchrockModified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks guys, and that is a lovely Medics Waffenrock Todd !

Cheers

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images Modified Luftwaffe Gefreiter Tuchrock 

TWS
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Thanks guys, and that is a lovely Medics Waffenrock Todd !

Cheers

Bob
    Thank-you Bob. In my experience a LW medical Waffenrock is pretty rare, so when a fellow collector offered it to me some years ago I didn't hesitate.

Yours is very nice. I am wondering if that LW signalman modified it. Does it appear as if collar piping has been removed or if the slip-on shoulder straps are a modification?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Yeah that is what puzzled me initially Todd....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast