Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My probably fake armband. :(

Article about: i tried to post this before but my cellphone format wouldn't allow me to see anything. Here's the armband that i started my collection with that i feel must be fake. :

Default My probably fake armband. :(

i tried to post this before but my cellphone format wouldn't allow me to see anything. Here's the armband that i started my collection with that i feel must be fake. :My probably fake armband. :(My probably fake armband. :(My probably fake armband. :(
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My probably fake armband. :(  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My probably fake armband. :(
    P
    Many

?

My guess would be yes based on that stitching, the weird swastika material, the stamp and the overall look. Experts will clarify I'm sure, not really my area.
    Regards, Al

Perhaps period, but home made. There were certainly some of those floating around, although the examples I’ve encountered have all been HJ.

I’m also keen to hear what the experts have to say.

Andy

Have you tested this armband with a black light before?

It's far from a definitive test, but if none of the material fluoresces when exposed to a black light it's supposed to be a good sign.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post

It's far from a definitive test, but if none of the material fluoresces when exposed to a black light it's supposed to be a good sign.
    To be honest I would not rely on Black light anymore. There is actually a product on the market that removes any of the chemicals that make them glow on natural fibers.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    To be honest I would not rely on Black light anymore. There is actually a product on the market that removes any of the chemicals that make them glow on natural fibers.
    Ah, thanks for telling me that. I've always rolled my eyes a bit when I see dealers claim an item is 'Black light tested'. I thought it helped to some degree, but I never believed in it being a full proof test. I never knew that there's a product out there that can remove the chemicals that make fibers glow. I'll now dismiss any 'Black light tested' claims I'll run across on items in the future.

MAP
    ?

Just on my PC after a long day. So this is the first I'm really able to see the arm band.

Like others have already said, I too am far from an expert but I do have an observation/question.

While we see the town/districts property stamps on NSDAP armbands all the time, why would what appears to be a home made version have one????

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post

I have not. I've been lazy about it. I probably should but from what i've read, and seen, thiese one-piece buggers are seldom legit, but i'm not expert.

JMM
    ?

I'd give it a 50/50 (fake / home made)