Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help

Article about: Hello, I came across this pin, I think it's fake but I'm new to this, thanks.

Default Need help

Hello, I came across this pin, I think it's fake but I'm new to this, thanks.
    Need help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help
    P
    Many

Although I don't hold out much hope, do you have a photo of the reverse?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like one ugly bird, I'd say it was bad but agree curiosity would make me want to see more of it to confirm.

Thanks for replying, I'm asking for my brother, I'll get a picture of the back when I see him, thanks.

Hi! It's not a Wehrmacht eagle, I think. The head would be looking the other way around. I have a bad feeling about the body and head (head too "flat", "shoulders" too "broad"). Let's see what others think.

Hello,

It looks like a KM pith helmet eagle but in silver. I don't care for the finish at all. The reverse side would probably tell us what we want to know.

FRED

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

It looks like a KM pith helmet eagle but in silver. I don't care for the finish at all. The reverse side would probably tell us what we want to know.

FRED
    I find the finish quite alarming. It has the tone / hue of modern seaside souvenirs and although this is a very small picture the quality looks wrong. The bird looks like "Johnny No-Neck" too. Also I am pretty sure I can see enough of the pin which looks like those found on tinnies to complete the impression that this a fantasy piece.

I don't think the detail is anywhere near that of a KM Tropenhelm eagle and whilst no scale indication is shown I get the impression of it being too small for that as well as being an odd colour.

Still, a look at the reverse will be interesting.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."