Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka

Article about: Hello, I recently picked up this supposed Sumpfsmuster parka. I was wondering if this is an aged reproduction or an original. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Question Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka

Hello,
    I recently picked up this supposed Sumpfsmuster parka. I was wondering if this is an aged reproduction or an original. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka   Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka  

Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka   Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka  

Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka   Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help authenticating a supposed WW2 German Sumpfsmuster Winter Parka
    P
    Many

Original for sure.

Thank you! I am wondering what things about the parka led you to that conclusion so I may learn about authentication.

I have many of those winter jackets in various camo styles, and yours is consistent with what I'm used to seeing.

As is often the case, you are missing the tie belt at the waist.

If you want to apply this experience to future authentication, look for consistency with your example in the factors below.
    1. Camo cloth and pattern
    2. Location and style of markings
    3. Button types and colors

Thank you for your knowledge and help!