Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd gernman tunic (fishy?)

Article about: Hey guys. This is a tunic my brother bought years ago. He said he remembers one like it in a book. I have been researching and I can't find anything on it so we want to know if it's a put to

Default Odd gernman tunic (fishy?)

Hey guys. This is a tunic my brother bought years ago. He said he remembers one like it in a book. I have been researching and I can't find anything on it so we want to know if it's a put together. The scalloped pockets were replaced with outer grey pockets as you can see. I have a complete grey combat uniform similar, the scalloped pockets removed but the outer pockets are the same grey color as the rest of the uniform. The stitching on the added pockets is good work, and is old.

Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?) Odd gernman tunic (fishy?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd gernman tunic (fishy?)
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is not fishy and not german stricto sensu...
    It's a dutch tunic that was modified for a reissue in the german army.
    A german collar has been added at first....and IMO considering their color, waist pockets were added later.
    On some examples modified circa 1941, collar was modified and pockets added, but for some others, only the collar was modified.
    Later in the war, some reissued dutch tunics that had only the collar modified received waist pockets....this could be one of them...
    IMO the Hoheitsabzeichen is replaced.
    Shoulderstraps are for ROA, "Russian liberation Army".
    I have never seen collar tabs like these ones on ROA photos, but i did not see them all i guess....
    Usually collar tabs are german ones or dark green with a white stripe and white dot....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is not fishy and not german stricto sensu...
    It's a dutch tunic that was modified for a reissue in the german army.
    A german collar has been added at first....and IMO considering their color, waist pockets were added later.
    On some examples modified circa 1941, collar was modified and pockets added, but for some others, only the collar was modified./
    Late war, some reissued dutch tunics that had only the collar modified received waist pockets....this could be one of them...
    IMO the Hoheitsabzeichen is replaced.
    Shoulderstraps are for ROA, "Russian liberation Army".
    I have never seen collar tabs like these ones on ROA photos, but i did not see them all i guess....
    Usually collar tabs are german ones or dark green with a white stripe and white dot....
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention that my brother did say he thought it was a foreign volunteer uniform that was in the book. But he hasn't seen that book in 20 years or better, and I was confident in the stitching but couldn't find much myself. So the shoulder straps and collar tabs would be appropriate for this tunic? My brother just now told me that the shoulder straps were fake as were the collar tabs, as he was told when he bought it. The guy showed him a picture of one in the book and said he added them because that was what was supposed to be on them. Where my I find more info?

I edited this post when more info was given to me.

I've been meaning to ask where you picked up the name Søren Kam= SorenKam???
    Do you know who he was?
    I've had the chance to talk to him once.

For those who do not know who he is.. He was one of only 3 Danes to be awarded the ritter kreuz..

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    So the shoulder straps could be good to this tunic? Where my I find more info?
    These shoulderstraps are wider than normal german ones...
    Show me the shoulderstraps bridles to see if they're normal ones or wider to fit these shoulderstraps ....and i'll be able to tell you more...
    Show me also a closer view of the shoulderstraps to see if they're genuine or not...if they're untouched or modified to fit normal bridles...and i'll be able to tell you more....

A part of these reissued dutch tunics were given to Osttruppen....but some german troops late war also received modified dutch tunics. There is a photo of one member of Panzergrenadier regiment 2111 taken in Lorraine in September 1944 who wears one of these tunics.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    I've been meaning to ask where you picked up the name Søren Kam= SorenKam???
    Do you know who he was?
    I've had the chance to talk to him once.

For those who do not know who he is.. He was one of only 3 Danes to be awarded the ritter kreuz..
    I know very well who he was. I did a research paper on him many years ago. I chose to add my first name in front as pseudo camo, to see if anyone else knew of him and would ask or start a discussion (Note: I in no way endorse anything criminal he took part in.).

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I know very well who he was. I did a research paper on him many years ago. I chose to add my first name in front as pseudo camo, to see if anyone else knew of him and would ask or start a discussion (Note: I in no way endorse anything criminal he took part in.).
    Just wondered since you are located in the US.. Why you would know a Danish ss officer!?
    Hi died 5 years ago.. Never prosecuted for his crimes..

below is a pair of original ROA shoulderstraps
    Thanks

Odd gernman tunic (fishy?)

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    These shoulderstraps are wider than normal german ones...
    Show me the shoulderstraps bridles to see if they're normal ones or wider to fit these shoulderstraps ....and i'll be able to tell you more...
    Show me also a closer view of the shoulderstraps to see if they're genuine or not...if they're untouched or modified to fit normal bridles...and i'll be able to tell you more....

A part of these reissued dutch tunics were given to Osttruppen....but some german troops late war also received modified dutch tunics. There is a photo of one member of Panzergrenadier regiment 2111 taken in Lorraine in September 1944 who wears one of these tunics.
    Thanks
    sorry shortly after I posted that, my brother told be that the guy said the straps and collar tabs were fake, that he added them based on the picture he saw, because they were right for that uniform. I will take closer pics of them anyway to solidify that. I edited the above post to reflect what my brother had told me additionally.

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Just wondered since you are located in the US.. Why you would know a Danish ss officer!?
    Hi died 5 years ago.. Never prosecuted for his crimes..
    I started collecting NSDAP and SA things as a kid. As I researched I became interested in other countries that adopted the NSDAP ideology. That's where I ran into Kam his service in the SS and his DNSAP youth faction membership.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast