Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse

Article about: Hello my fellow collectors and other militaria experts. I have buy this tunic some time ago. Like you all see, it is M42 reworked to the M36 style. The seller have very well reputation, and

Totally agree with Fred.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Why do you need to hunt for new collar tabs? Did you mean shoulder boards? No need for that either. This tunic is correct in this form as we see it. It was a standard enlisted man's tunic that was up graded with a new collar, early collar tabs, private purchase shoulder boards and awards. I would actually expect to see some award loops on the pocket or a ribbon in the buttonhole. This tunic is fine as it is ,don't mess with it.

Fred
    Hello! Ups, big misspelling now, of course i mean shoulder straps, sorry for that I have little ribbon bar, and im now searching iron cross 1 st class. And there is place for one more award. But im not sure what award is correct to that tunic. And why im searching new shoulder straps is because i want period straps. Thank you Fred your reply, now i am consider to keep these straps Here is quickly taken photo where is belt and the ribbon bar.

-Niko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Oberfeldwebel's M42 Field Blouse  
    Last edited by Niko; 10-25-2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Boards to Straps

TWS
    ?

Quote by Niko View Post
    Hello! Ups, big misspelling now, of course i mean shoulder boards, sorry for that I have little ribbon bar, and im now searching iron cross 1 st class. And there is place for one more award. But im not sure what award is correct to that tunic. And why im searching new shoulder boards is because i want period boards. Thank you Fred your reply, now i am consider to keep these boards Here is quickly taken photo where is belt and the ribbon bar.

-Niko
    I hope my post was not confusing. I stated they are not period factory straps. Period original tailor made straps similar to yours do exist, so while those are not "text book" there is no compelling reason to replace them.

And just a minor point: Enlisted and NCO wore shoulder straps. Officer pieces are shoulder boards.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Niko View Post
    Hello! Ups, big misspelling now, of course i mean shoulder boards, sorry for that I have little ribbon bar, and im now searching iron cross 1 st class. And there is place for one more award. But im not sure what award is correct to that tunic. And why im searching new shoulder boards is because i want period boards. Thank you Fred your reply, now i am consider to keep these boards Here is quickly taken photo where is belt and the ribbon bar.

-Niko
    Quick photo still looks good.

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I hope my post was not confusing. I stated they are not period factory straps. Period original tailor made straps similar to yours do exist, so while those are not "text book" there is no compelling reason to replace them.

And just a minor point: Enlisted and NCO wore shoulder straps. Officer pieces are shoulder boards.
    Hello! No it was not, it was clear, my english is not so good, so when i read it again i did understand it correctly, but Shoulder straps and boards did confuse me Because i am so amateur with these, i order book, German Army Shoulder Straps And Boards 1933-1945. To learn more about this subject. Thanks for all you guys, now i wont search another straps, i definitely keep these.

-Niko

?

Very attractive tunic Niko, a great acquisition!

Best regards, Paul

?

Quote by PaulW View Post
    Very attractive tunic Niko, a great acquisition!

Best regards, Paul
    Thank you very much Paul. I have been learning more and more about German WW2 tunics. Very interesting topic. And now i learning more of German headgears. Im searching some nice panzerjäger visor cap and mannequin where to put tunic.

-Niko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2