Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Totenkopf maybe?

Article about: Out of my depths on this and can not determine if these are real or fake. Came across them at a garage sale and the woman said she did not know. I said they most likely are would you take 20

Default Panzer Totenkopf maybe?

Out of my depths on this and can not determine if these are real or fake. Came across them at a garage sale and the woman said she did not know. I said they most likely are would you take 20 bucks. She said sure. Now I am asking the experts because i can not find any that have the same 3 pins for mounting. No marking on the inside, the black material is almost felt like and in bad shape, the outside silver border is very nicely done and in good shape. Let me know what you guys think so I know which box to put em in.... Thanks!

Brandon

Edit: passes blacklight test, no glow at all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Totenkopf maybe?   Panzer Totenkopf maybe?  

Panzer Totenkopf maybe?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Totenkopf maybe?
    P
    Many

The skulls are Heer. Three edge prongs are period. I have shown a tab from my collection which has these.

The problem here, is the tab shape is not Heer, but SS Officers style. The other possibility is Luftwaffe Hermann Goring Div.

I am not keen on the idea of the felt like material. They could equally be 40 year old fakes that have been mothed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

On closer inspection the silver fabric braiding has a very fine silver metal braid in it too. It is hard to photograph well but here is an attempt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Totenkopf maybe?  

CBH
    ?

I have a very similar set and I believe they are fakes.
    I looked into the HG angle but wrong shape of tabs.
    And I also believe the skulls are fakes, the ends of the pins shouldn't that rounded.
    There is a thread with a link to Pz Skulls that show all the versions.