Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerjacke

Article about: Panzerjacke Hi all! Please help me identify Panzerjacke, I didn’t buy the jacket, but I have very, very big doubts that it is original, it seems to me that it is a copy, since it is not se

Default Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke
    Hi all! Please help me identify Panzerjacke, I didn’t buy the jacket, but I have very, very big doubts that it is original, it seems to me that it is a copy, since it is not sewn quite correctly, there are no manufacturer’s marks, the size of the jacket is missing, and so on. If possible, please comment on this item. Thank you in advance for your help!

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

Panzerjacke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerjacke
    P
    Many

I don't like the piping on the collar tabs.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you! Please tell me, does the tailoring of the jacket correspond to that time or not?

I agree with you, the tailoring, stitching, and over look of it are all wrong. I would call it a valient attempt by an amateur tailor, but its fake nonetheless.

Thank you for your opinion! I would also like to hear opinions about this item from other collectors. It turns out that the “seam on the back” was also sewn this way in that period, I have already found several examples, but in any case it’s too early to put an end to this matter... I’m waiting for more opinions from my colleagues

TWS
    ?

There are several features - or absence of - that would make me say this is not one for me.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you! If you don’t mind, please point out these tailoring features. Thank you in advance!

Seeing as you didn't buy the jacket, you seem to have been allowed an awful lot of access to it to photograph it in detail. Why the interest in the tailoring features? Surely you are not after putting them right?

You hinted that I would sew jackets and sell them ... no, I don’t do that. I am interested in several points, this jacket was found in an old house, by the way, all the things that I sell or show to the public are personal finds, I cooperate with three companies that clean houses before renovating or demolishing these houses, clearing premises of unnecessary things. If this jacket is a copy, then I am interested in how this can be confirmed, since several people have told me that this is an original jacket, but sewn in a private workshop. Similar jackets with a central seam were only in the SS, but that's another story... Naturally, I'm not sure that the jacket is original, since its tailoring makes it stand out among many models that I've seen here on the forum and among collectors. But I'm not yet ready to say that this is a copy. In any case, I have nothing to lose, but I still haven’t heard a verdict on the jacket.

TWS
    ?

I cannot tell you what this jacket is. But I can tell you what it is not. It is not a standard contract produced army (Heer) Panzer wrapper.

There are numerous significant construction details that are wrong when held against that standard. The lack of a back seam, the Futterschlaufe going all the way across the back, no vertical support lining straps, the large buttons up top, no manufacturer's markings, etc. etc. I'd have to compare to one of mine or open the books, but on instinct I don't like the collar attachment to the body of the wrapper either.

I hope that is helpful (?)
    Last edited by TWS; 02-27-2024 at 05:35 AM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast