Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help me determine knochensack

Article about: Good day Could you please tell me if this knochensack is original? I don't have any more photos. The eagle doesn't belong there, I know that. Thanks for help.

?

Default Please help me determine knochensack

Good day
    Could you please tell me if this knochensack is original? I don't have any more photos. The eagle doesn't belong there, I know that. Thanks for help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me determine knochensack   Please help me determine knochensack  

Please help me determine knochensack   Please help me determine knochensack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me determine knochensack
    P
    Many

?

Hello,

Not sure what this is but it is no knochensack. The Heer eagle would have its place here if this was a prewar knochensack as were used before the Fallschirmjäger were even at regimental size. In 1939, as this one is dated, they were still wearing the step-in overall style knochensack like the prewar ones but now adorning the Luftwaffe eagle. This one is not one of them and it also has too many features on it. The pictures are poor so I cannot tell if it is reminiscent of the later button down version but again with the date it would have to be the first pattern. In this case this one is missing some pockets and fastening features. The pockets do not have the flaps over them either.
    The maker stamp on the inside is correct or almost. The RIRI zippers have their place here as they were found on knochensack but these look too fancy, and the company is stillproducing zippers that look almost identical. It looks like they can hinge on the ring. The RIRI zippers I have seen on these are fixed, stamped metal with a simpler design or they are molded plastic.

Ben

?

Thank you for your opinion. a friend who collects FJ expressed the opinion that it is not good.