Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question kriegsmarine

Article about: Hi guys,i have a strange question.Could a Kriegsmarine sailor change the buttons of his leather jacket with others?(bigger smaller but same type)

Default Question kriegsmarine

Hi guys,i have a strange question.Could a Kriegsmarine sailor change the buttons of his leather jacket with others?(bigger smaller but same type)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

I would say it is very possible, and maybe probable. Even though all military and naval forces have uniform regulations governing every aspect of uniform wear, there are always exceptions. From my own experience I have seen instances when uniform regulations were ignored by nearly everyone--officers and EM. For example in WWI, the US Army did not include a Sam Brown belt as a part of an officer's uniform. But in France all US Army officers wore them, starting with Billy Mitchell. The same was true for pilot's wings that were authorized in cloth and bullion. Pilots and Pilot cadets routinely wore Sterling silver wings of various unauthorized designs that they purchased from local jewelers. Wearing unauthorized uniform parts and insignia was sometimes a matter of necessity caused by shortage. The list of unauthorized uniform parts and insignia that have been worn is endless, and I am sure the same was true in the Kriegsmarine. I am sure that many other members on this Forum have seen the same thing in which-ever armed force they served. Dwight

Thanks I asked because i do not know if the buttons of this jacket are or could be correct or strange for that jacketQuestion kriegsmarine

Is it supposed to be a leather u-boat crewman's jacket? I know nothing about WWII but in WWI, the buttons were dark plastic. Hopefully a more knowledgeable member will give you an answer. Dwight

Simply a machine personnel kriegsmarine leather jacket used Also in u boot,i saw many with golden buttons but the problem is that i do not know if the size is correct,i will wait until someone hopefully answer,Thank you again��