MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason

Article about: I saw this rather nice photo of James Mason who starred as Rommel in the 1951 movie about the Field Marshall. The tunic Mason is wearing in these photos is probably genuine, and from memory,

Default Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason

I saw this rather nice photo of James Mason who starred as Rommel in the 1951 movie about the Field Marshall.

The tunic Mason is wearing in these photos is probably genuine, and from memory, was loaned to the film company
    by the Rommel family for the making of the movie... and at the end of the movie the tunic was stolen, and apparently
    have never surfaced again, so it must still be squirrelled away by some furtive collector, but hopefully it will pop up again
    at some stage...

Anyway, a few stills from the film, and the beaut colour portrait of Mason wearing Rommel's Field Marshall tunic...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason   Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason  

Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rommel the 1951 movie with James Mason
    P
    Many

Mason was great in this movie. On the subject of missing tunics, see thread below. Other say it was Rommel's leather coat and cap that went missing during filming the movie, never to reappear.

Field marshal tunic

I recall reading in one of the old 'After The Battle' magazines where the author of the article said that the jacket was the item that was stolen.

I no longer have that issue now, so can't confirm it ....

Bob