Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Schutzpolizei des Reichs [Protection Police of the Reich] Patch

Article about: I recently came into possession a number of Nazi militaria and other items. Among those items was this patch. Could you tell me what this patch was for? Who would have worn it? Why? Is it au

Default Schutzpolizei des Reichs [Protection Police of the Reich] Patch

Hi,

I recently came into possession a number of Nazi militaria and other items. They were in my grandfather-in-law's possession and they were passed onto us after he passed away. Among those items was this patch. Could you tell me what this patch was for? Who would have worn it? Why? Is it authentic?

If anyone could help identify this patch, it would be much appreciated and I'll be happy to update the title of this thread with the correct information for future reference purposes!

Thank you!

Michael

Schutzpolizei des Reichs [Protection Police of the Reich] Patch
    Last edited by hanotsri; 08-19-2019 at 12:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzpolizei des Reichs [Protection Police of the Reich] Patch
    P
    Many

I believe a Polizei, Police, arm or cap eagle depending on the size.
    Others here will know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

As it has no "city name" it is later war (post 41??) example (if it is the larger sleeve eagle)...but I really don't study these so hopefully other can opine.

Also, different branches of the "Police" had different colors. The organization of the police changed and can be quite complicated if I remember correctly. I think this is Ordnungs Polizei (Green on green wool backing)

Not saying this link is correct but it should give you an idea. Hopefully others will be around to confirm.

Wehrmacht Insignia
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Also, different branches of the "Police" had different colors. The organization of the police changed and can be quite complicated if I remember correctly. I think this is Ordnungs Polizei (Green on green wool backing)
    Actually, Ordnungspolizei [Order Police] was the collective designation for all uniformed police branches, while the plain clothes branches were the Sicherheitspolizei [Security Police].

Green eagles were worn by the Schutzpolizei des Reichs [Protection Police of the Reich].

MAP
    ?

And there you go....wisdom from the master!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)