Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?

Article about: Hi guys! I thought I would ask here as I unfortunately don't have any reference books on this. I could not find other similar examples online so I was wondering... were there regulations pre

CSW
    ?

Default Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?

Hi guys!

I thought I would ask here as I unfortunately don't have any reference books on this. I could not find other similar examples online so I was wondering... were there regulations precisely against wearing sleeve insignia (Edelweiss) on the "Windjacke" type of jacket? Any thoughts on this particular one perhaps?

All comments are welcome, thanks a lot in advance!

Sleeve insignia on Windjacke? Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Here are two more photos with the Edelweiss visible. If anyone has information on how common the practice of wearing the insignia on these jackets was, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Sleeve insignia on Windjacke? Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?

CSW
    ?

Hi gents, I'm still interested in possible comments and would highly appreciate any input on whether this one has a chance. Anyone?

Sleeve insignia on Windjacke?

?

It’s certainly a very nice looking windjacke, and I like the well-embedded stitching on the insigne - it’s been there a long time.
    Regrettably, I cannot say more and only continued picture study will confirm such use.
    Personally, I think it very possible that more than one Jäger should embellish his jacket in such a way and I would happily accept this item into my collection.
    I shall, of course, let you know if I find any supporting images. I’m sorry I cannot be more helpful.
    All the best,
    Rob

CSW
    ?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    It’s certainly a very nice looking windjacke, and I like the well-embedded stitching on the insigne - it’s been there a long time.
    Regrettably, I cannot say more and only continued picture study will confirm such use.
    Personally, I think it very possible that more than one Jäger should embellish his jacket in such a way and I would happily accept this item into my collection.
    I shall, of course, let you know if I find any supporting images. I’m sorry I cannot be more helpful.
    All the best,
    Rob
    Thanks a lot for the kind comment Rob!

I agree that the thought of the insignia being a period-made addition to the jacket certainly doesn't seem weird at all. I too like the look of the piece. The lack of photographic evidence was bothering me a little, but then again I couldn't find that many period photos of these jackets anyway.

Thank you again for your input, I very much appreciate it!

Hello,
    As far as i go into my memory to determine if i have already seen an edelweiss patch sewn on a windjacke both on period photos and in collections (private and museum), i don't remember seing any. In my opinion, there's a reason why none can be found, the Windjacke was specific to the Gebirgstruppe, so wearing one was enough to show your mountain troop status.
    Perhaps someone has photos that refute that and i'm wrong, learning is a part of the hobby.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

It might, indeed, be seen as ‘over-egging the pudding’, but as I recall, the Afrikakorps cuff title was not intended to be worn on the tropical tunic - after all, who would one be showing it off to, but a bunch of other people who were in the Afrikakorps?
    However, there were certainly individuals who chose to fit them to the Tropenrock.

As I always say, one can never say always or never!
    We just have to find the evidence now..

CBH
    ?

I checked in a couple of books and they said it only to be worn on the tunic or great coat, also the tropical version was not to be worn on tropical clothing only tunic and greatcoat. But it still might have happened.

CSW
    ?

A big "thank you" to everyone above, all the comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated as always! Cheers

Quote by Kohima View Post
    It might, indeed, be seen as ‘over-egging the pudding’, but as I recall, the Afrikakorps cuff title was not intended to be worn on the tropical tunic - after all, who would one be showing it off to, but a bunch of other people who were in the Afrikakorps?
    However, there were certainly individuals who chose to fit them to the Tropenrock.

As I always say, one can never say always or never!
    We just have to find the evidence now..

Hello,
    I don't know where you found the info saying that the Afrkakorps cuff title was not intented to be worn on the tropical tunic, in fact the HV 41 B N°496 from July the 18th 1941 says that this cufftitle can be worn on the tropical tunic, the greatcoat, the Waffenrock and also the woolen Feldbluse....There are hundreds of period photos that show this cuff title worn on the Tropenbluse in Africa.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast