MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Tunic

Article about: Hey! I found this tunic on a auction website and it looks like it could be a an M43 tunic bút i'm not 100% sure if it's an original or just an old fake with Panzer shoulder tabs on! Would be

Default SS Tunic

Hey!
    I found this tunic on a auction website and it looks like it could be a an M43 tunic bút i'm not 100% sure if it's an original or just an old fake with Panzer shoulder tabs on! Would be great to get some help!
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic   SS Tunic  

SS Tunic   SS Tunic  

SS Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunic
    P
    Many

I'm not a huge fan, The SS-BW stamp is wrong in my opinion.. I think the box the SS-BW mark is in is too big, the SS runes are wrong and the BW lettering is not correct..

Here is a link to an original SS tunic with the SS-BW stamps.. Notice the SS runes on the original point straight down. The SS runes on the one you pictured sway to the left too much.

The Collector's Guild

Also notice the BW stamp and SS runes on this reported original HBT tunic.

In both cases the SS runes point straight down and are not swayed to the left..

I'm not an expert in this field at all.. These are just observations that I have made after looking at several authentic SS tunics and their stamps..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic  

As i thought! All of the other HBT/Drillich that i've looked at has a button on the back of the collar, but this one is lacking it.. Then i'm going to skip this one and use my money on something better! Thanks for the help!

You are welcome, but I would also wait for others who collect SS items to offer their opinions..

I would hate to deter you from an original tunic just based on my observations..

Smitty