Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Stalingrad Stick Pin ?

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this pin? I know there are many fakes/Fantasy pieces out there. Did they make a memorial pin? Thank you Tony

?

Default Stalingrad Stick Pin ?

Hello

What are your thoughts on this pin?
    I know there are many fakes/Fantasy pieces out there.
    Did they make a memorial pin?
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad Stick Pin ?   Stalingrad Stick Pin ?  

Stalingrad Stick Pin ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad Stick Pin ?
    P
    Many

It is whats known as a Stalingrad Kreuz and although planned it was never instituted. So its a fantasy item.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    It is whats known as a Stalingrad Kreuz and although planned it was never instituted. So its a fantasy item.
    You're probably thinking of the Stalingrad shield, which was projected but cancelled.

The so-called "Stalingrad cross" existed and was worn as a shoulder board device by the divisional staff of the 44. Infanteriedivision and all personnel of Grenadierregiment 134 and its replacement battalion.

So the design as such is not a fantasy (although it has been used on bogus Stalingrad shields as well) but I don't know whether it was also used for an unofficial stickpin for civilian wear by personnel of these units and if so whether this pin has a chance.

(It's definitely not award, either way.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You're probably thinking of the Stalingrad shield, which was projected but cancelled.

The so-called "Stalingrad cross" existed and was worn as a shoulder board device by the divisional staff of the 44. Infanteriedivision and all personnel of Grenadierregiment 134 and its replacement battalion.

So the design as such is not a fantasy (although it has been used on bogus Stalingrad shields as well) but I don't know whether it was also used for an unofficial stickpin for civilian wear by personnel of these units and if so whether this pin has a chance.

(It's definitely not award, either way.)
    No I wasn't thinking of the shield. You are correct about a similar badge being worn on the schulterklappen but the one pictured is clearly a stick pin which I don't think was officially produced. Happy to be proved wrong, but is the stickpin was worn on the shoulder I would expect it to fall off quickly.

?

Hello
    Thank you all for your help and info.
    Very interesting
    Tony