Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!

Article about: Hello, According to the seller his eagle was removed from a restored period officer tunic. It was crudely machine sewn on and hammered down tight. Seemed like a good purchase, multiple types

Default Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!

Hello,

According to the seller his eagle was removed from a restored period officer tunic. It was crudely machine sewn on and hammered down tight.
    Seemed like a good purchase, multiple types of bullion, Really nice swaz and the overall construction was ok ..until It arrived and I took a look! First thing I noticed was its feel...No good...floppy ! So I figured perhaps it was laundered.. Ok well I took a UV light to it and BAM,, White threads on reverse glowing like crazy... Again I tell myself it could be from laundry detergent.. Right..
    Then I noticed the bullion on the wings going the wrong direction.

So what do you think...? GO or NO-GO

Regards,

Steven-n-AZ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!   Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!  

Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!   Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!  

Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!

Interesting one.

I think it is OK. I too suspect it has been washed.

Take a look here on the area I have circled. It appears to have the cardboard Unterlagen former, which is a good sign.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have a very similar example with the outer wing feathers running in the opposite direction to most examples. This type is always found in a poor condition, but is considered to be an original variant that was only produced in very low quantities. Here is my example compared with a "normal" km version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange heer bullion eagle for comment!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the replies,

Very glad to here it is good! Great to see a similar example....

After looking again at it under uv I can see tons of luminescent particals...probably some type of cleaning agent.. It has been through wash for sure.

It fits in perfect with my salty flock