Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thank you TWS! M40 Kanonier tunic

Article about: A few weeks ago, I found that I wanted to purchase my first ever German uniform because I had finally saved up enough money to buy something nice. @TWS sent me an email, and I fell in love w

Default Thank you TWS! M40 Kanonier tunic

A few weeks ago, I found that I wanted to purchase my first ever German uniform because I had finally saved up enough money to buy something nice. @TWS sent me an email, and I fell in love with it! Todd, if I'm missing any details, let me know.

Isn't this thing awesome!? Behold, my first ever German tunic! It is a combat worn M40 tunic, with original insignia. Sort of.

Thank you TWS! M40 Kanonier tunicThank you TWS! M40 Kanonier tunic

When the tunic was first purchased in 1989, the breast eagle was in one of the pockets. It was taken to a tailor to be reapplied, but the tailor machine stitched it and through the lining. A big mistake, but I am willing to overlook that.

The collar tabs are not factory applied, but likely were swapped. During the war, soldiers were proud of their waffenfarbe and often applied these tabs onto their tunics instead of the factory standard ones. Was this the case on this tunic? Not too sure. It was a common practice though. The tabs are original as well.

Pebbled Aluminum button with grey overpaint.

rear of tunic.

I have to get pictures of the shoulder straps, I forgot about those. The straps themselves are of 1944 production, so these must have been added later in the war. Entirely plausible, because they'd make a good replacement for damaged straps.

All in all, I'm very happy with it!

I do have a question or two though.

I want to put this on a mannequin later on, therefore I need accessories to go with it, i.e pants, belt, canister, etc. But what about awards? This is a Kanoniers tunic (private), so he couldn't have had anything too special on him. What could plausibly go on an artillery privates tunic? EK2 Ribbon? Ostfront Ribbon? Sports Badge? War merit cross? Anything else?

Once again, thank you TWS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thank you TWS! M40 Kanonier tunic
    P
    Many

Brilliant tunic, I love the wear to it. Personally when it comes to awards I wouldn’t add anything that doesn’t go, if there aren’t loops for badges don’t poke holes with the badges/add a ribbon if it’s not all ready sewn on.

This would make a very nice combat setup so if you buy semi worn equipment it would look very nice when all completed.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Brilliant tunic, I love the wear to it. Personally when it comes to awards I wouldn’t add anything that doesn’t go, if there aren’t loops for badges don’t poke holes with the badges/add a ribbon if it’s not all ready sewn on.

This would make a very nice combat setup so if you buy semi worn equipment it would look very nice when all completed.
    You sew the ribbon on? I didn't know that.

I actually was planning to get a full body mannequin and put up a full display eventually. It'll take a while, but I might get it finished by the end of the year!

Yes the ribbons sew on I’ll add pictures of my EK2 ribbon example to show you.

To put a full mannequin together will definitely take a long time but it will be 100% worth it, I’m working on a similar thing and it’s sure taking a while but it’s extremely fun to search for the pieces and watch it come together.

If I’ve learnt anything it’s taking time and being patient, find items that you like and that work well with the tunics condition. When you start putting it together you should start a thread so we can follow your progress!

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Yes the ribbons sew on I’ll add pictures of my EK2 ribbon example to show you.

To put a full mannequin together will definitely take a long time but it will be 100% worth it, I’m working on a similar thing and it’s sure taking a while but it’s extremely fun to search for the pieces and watch it come together.

If I’ve learnt anything it’s taking time and being patient, find items that you like and that work well with the tunics condition. When you start putting it together you should start a thread so we can follow your progress!

Huh. I always thought it just went through the button hole and stayed there. Thanks, I would have embarrassed myself.

I don't think it'd be too hard to put this piece together. Pants would mot likely be the most expensive things.

I need:

Gas Mask Canister

M31 Bread bag

Mess Tin

Canteen

Ammo pouch

Belt

Buckle

Pants

Boots

Heer Overseas cap or a helmet

Am I missing anything?

I’m sure that would make a nice setup, you would probably want to add some Y-Straps. You could also add a shovel, bayonet, zeltbahn. However I’m sure later in the war they only kept what the needed so really it’s up to you. I’d look and study some late war photos and see.

You definitely didn’t embarrass yourself trust me I’ve said some silly things!

MAP
    ?

Great looking tunic. Nice of Todd to help you out!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Todd is a good guy and has been upright in dealings I have had with him. Nice tunic and congratulations!

How can ya trust Todd, he was a Tanker!!

Congratulations Rusty! Looks like you got yourself a good one there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast