Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!

Article about:

Question Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!

Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on whether or not these combat boots with hobnails are WW2 period? Thanks!
    P
    Many

Hello,
    They're not issue combat boots, they're private purchase boots that were used by both german civilians and Officers.
    This type of boots was made between the 20s and the 60s.
    They could have been used by a german Officer during WWII, but they also could have been bought by a sport horse rider in the 50s.
    the fact that they have hobnails seems good, but to me and from these photos they look hard shafted, which was strictly forbidden on the front for Officers. Only soft shafted boots were allowed, the hard shafted examples being authorized for normal service at offices, for barracks and leaves.
    I know i'm going to write something i wrote before, if one wants a pair of boots suitable for Officers, choose a pair of Reitstiefel, a pair of issue cavalry boots.

If by any chance you thought that they could be issue Marschstiefel, the latters don't look like these ones at all.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)