Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard

Article about: Hi Guys, you may have heard that a large hoard of cap skulls were discovered by builders in Berlin while demolishing an old building a couple of years ago now? The story made the newspapers

Default Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard

Hi Guys, you may have heard that a large hoard of cap skulls were discovered by builders in Berlin while demolishing an old building a couple of years ago now? The story made the newspapers in Germany. There were two patterns of skulls found.

These were worn sometimes by the SS in the early days but mainly by Kav Regt 5 as a traditions cap badge, worn between the eagle and cockade.

I have an example of each pattern found.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard   Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard
    P
    Many

Default Re: Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard

Here is the other pattern, seen in as found condition and then lightly cleaned of soil.

For anyone who has been to Berlin, the sandy soil is typical, and is actually recognisable.

Many of the skulls feature prongs with a rough "sawtooth" edge to them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard   Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  

Attached Images Attached Images Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard 

?

Really I don't like them, I just bought a last time about 10 of them from the guy who sold them in more than 1000 pieces mixed with sand- first price a couple of years ago was about 50 eur pcs. Now I bought 10 for 50 eur. Very starnge that this guy also sells some of other "ground dug" items. I have a couple of sculls for comparition, but can post them later, due of at home I have only collectible stuff.
    Really I don't like them, someone probably made the great job after a good advertisment
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I think you need to be careful where you buy any of these skulls from. I do think people are selling skulls saying they are from Berlin when they are possibly fake?

I ignore the story and look to the age of the items. These exhibit tarnish and some pitting.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I'am with you, I newer buy a story. The story is a good attachment to the nice item. But not a fake item a good addition to the nice story= both cost approximately the same
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

hi ade, looks a nice skull i have a couple of these also, and am always on the look out for them, rgds dave
    Attached Images Attached Images Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard 

Hello.I agree Dima.Ofcourse it,s my personal opinion but i dont like the skulls.Add pics one of mine.Found in Totenkopf 1941 y.positions at country town Dagda.Small Latvian citie near at russian border.Totenkopf had havy losses there,lossing in two days about 100 killed.Here is one of(100% belonged to one of them...)

Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard   Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  

Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard   Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  

Traditions cap skull from the Berlin hoard  

?

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    Hello.I agree Dima.Ofcourse it,s my personal opinion but i dont like the skulls.Add pics one of mine.Found in Totenkopf 1941 y.positions at country town Dagda.Small Latvian citie near at russian border.Totenkopf had havy losses there,lossing in two days about 100 killed.Here is one of(100% belonged to one of them...)
    Looks like your one is a too scarce, looks like aluminium made. But is for sure original
    Regards,
    Dimas

That is a rare pattern of skull. Great find!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Dima,thanks Adrian.It,s aluminium made.Still stong and brave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast