Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tunic for comments

Article about: Hello all! I've had had this tunic for many years now and I got it as a child when I knew nothing about these... Anyway, I got myself a nice book but I want to hear your opinions too! I mana

Default Tunic for comments

Hello all!

I've had had this tunic for many years now and I got it as a child when I knew nothing about these... Anyway, I got myself a nice book but I want to hear your opinions too! I managed to take some proper photos of it and the more I read the more I see red flags... I think that a collector has played with an original tunic at some time in the past! What do you think?

First of all what do you think of the tunic itself?
    The eagle is obvious that it has been restitched,
    the ribbon although looks original is not stitched in the proper way (but I know that in the middle of the war many things were not done in accordance with the regulations),
    the markings inside look rather bad and wrong but the tunic itself looks ok!
    The metal parts of it all look original and the material of the tunic has that beautiful patina and feels old!
    It troubles me a lot...
    Could I have some help with this mystery?

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

Tunic for comments

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tunic for comments
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice original tunic to me

That's good to know mate... Let's hear some more comments!

Looks like an aged repro IMO
    D.

Hello,

Much better photos are needed. Closer clear shots of the back, Under the collar, overall shots of the lining. The size markings are suspicious to begin with, as you said, the eagle has been replaced, bad sewing job with the ribbon, the collar tabs look like reproductions. Lots of questions on this one.

Fred

The tress is not standard either, buttons look to be painted blue/gray ? Not correct for an "M40" style tunic
    D.

I'll take better photos as soon as possible but I'm starting to lose faith... I've had this for more than 10 years and it feels really bad! I can't even return that to the antique shop I got it from now...

Hello Gentlemen,
    David is right, blue buttons shouldn't be on a Feldbluse 40, IMO repro buttons were replaced with original blue ones. And what to say about the markings on the field dressings pocket, a RBNr ??....pretty unusual i would say...
    Reenactment tunic ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The E.K.II. ribbon appears to be modern. The final nail in the coffin, perhaps?

B.B.

TWS
    ?

Echo the concerns that Fred, JPhilip, and B.B. pointed out.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast