Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U boat watch

Article about: Hi a friend of mine has been talking about wanting a U-boat watch for a number of years and recently he bought it up again and asked me where I might be able to recommend finding one To be h

Default U boat watch

Hi a friend of mine has been talking about wanting a U-boat watch for a number of years and recently he bought it up again and asked me where I might be able to recommend finding one
    To be honest I don't know anything about these and I thought it would be useful for him to do some research first using this forum so I have created this post for him.
    Is there a special watch for u boat crew? or indeed a special watch for kriegsmarine?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U boat watch
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Know zero about this field so hopefully some members can help out.

But just as a point of reference, one of our forum sponsors focuses on military watches. See link below

502 Bad Gateway
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So why did you create it in the Belt Buckles forum?
    Ben

Gatoblanconz; The captain, first officer, and navigator were each issued a wrist chronometer, marked “KM” on the dial, for Kriegsmarine. These issued watches were small, typically 31-35mm in diameter, but none of the issued watches were specifically a "U-Boot UHR," since the same three positions aboard any German warship were issued the same model watch, though the makers might be different. As for makers, American, British, German, and Swiss watch makers produced German naval watches to specifications of the German Navy, before, during, and after the war. Many, if not all, the WW2 German naval watches are still being made by their wartime companies. That brings up a philosophical question/issue: are watches, medals, badges, pins, and other items that are made after the fact by the original manufacturer, using the original dies, and to the original specifications, "Fakes?" or "genuine but not era?" For example, you have in your left hand an item that is original to the era, but the one in your right hand looks identical in all respects, including material used and maker's marks. What do you call the one in your right hand, a duplicate, a replica, remake, or something else?? And where does the newly minted item fit in any collection? Dwight

I did it on my phone and I couldn't see what I was doing and I thought I was putting it in the kriegsmarine section I didn't realise that was a subsection of another section maybe the mods can move this one?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Gatoblanconz; The captain, first officer, and navigator were each issued a wrist chronometer, marked “KM” on the dial, for Kriegsmarine. These issued watches were small, typically 31-35mm in diameter, but none of the issued watches were specifically a "U-Boot UHR," since the same three positions aboard any German warship were issued the same model watch, though the makers might be different. As for makers, American, British, German, and Swiss watch makers produced German naval watches to specifications of the German Navy, before, during, and after the war. Many, if not all, the WW2 German naval watches are still being made by their wartime companies. That brings up a philosophical question/issue: are watches, medals, badges, pins, and other items that are made after the fact by the original manufacturer, using the original dies, and to the original specifications, "Fakes?" or "genuine but not era?" For example, you have in your left hand an item that is original to the era, but the one in your right hand looks identical in all respects, including material used and maker's marks. What do you call the one in your right hand, a duplicate, a replica, remake, or something else?? And where does the newly minted item fit in any collection? Dwight
    Presumably those made at the time would have a riechsAdler or some kind of TR or kriegsmarine symbol on it?
    I haven't even seen a picture of one of these it's just my mate is interested.