Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Uboot leather jacket?

Article about: help

Default Uboot leather jacket?

Hello, good afternoon, what do you think of this Kriegsmarine jacket? Totally original in my opinion, I would like to know if it matches the pants. How can it be differentiated if it is from a uboot or is simply from the Kriegsmarine? And also for what price would it be a good deal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uboot leather jacket?   Uboot leather jacket?  

Uboot leather jacket?   Uboot leather jacket?  

Uboot leather jacket?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uboot leather jacket?
    P
    Many

Nobody?

I like the look of both the jacket and trousers, but how you can decide if it was ever used on a UBoat or surface vessel I'm unsure. Others will opine.

Thanks for your answer, I don't know if there is any way to know if it is from a uboot

?

The 2 pieces are indeed from the Kriegsmarine. But it is impossible to tell if the provenance is a uboot. However this equipment has been used by Uboot personnel but also surface ship

?

In theory, the blackened leather types were used by belowdecks crewmen of surface vessels, and the grey reserved for above deck (and U-boat crews), though I wouldn’t put money on this!

There is also a claim that the three-quarter length version, as here, was for officers and deck watches; the short version being more practical for engine room crews, though this seems to conflict with the ‘black for belowdecks’ claim.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn of such role-specific intentions, but would imagine stores availability had quite an influence on reality.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    In theory, the blackened leather types were used by belowdecks crewmen of surface vessels, and the grey reserved for above deck (and U-boat crews), though I wouldn’t put money on this!

There is also a claim that the three-quarter length version, as here, was for officers and deck watches; the short version being more practical for engine room crews, though this seems to conflict with the ‘black for belowdecks’ claim.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn of such role-specific intentions, but would imagine stores availability had quite an influence on reality.
    I also understood that in principle, black was for surface vessels and grey was for U-Boots but I doubt that was a hard and fast rule.

As an aside I have a modern made faithful replica from Noble House in Ulm in which the only difference is the modern material used for the fleece lining. It is possibly the best and most comfortable coat I have ever owned. It would be great for re-enactors but I admit it was not cheap!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you all for your answers, I see that there are rumors about how to distinguish them but nothing confirmed, seeing the wear and the sensations that it gives me is from uboot. In fact I have found this image that I leave below where I think they are a uboot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uboot leather jacket?  

Bearing in mind that these two pieces are worth exactly the same, which one would you recommend I stay with? If I'm not mistaken, these types of jackets were also used by panzer units, but with different buttons I guess
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uboot leather jacket?   Uboot leather jacket?  

Uboot leather jacket?