Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)

Article about: My uncle was in this unit from 1940-43 and I was trying to get as much information on it as possible. Locations where they operated and possibly what his occupation was within the unit. Anyo

?

Default Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)

My uncle was in this unit from 1940-43 and I was trying to get as much information on it as possible. Locations where they operated and possibly what his occupation was within the unit. Anyone have any suggestions where I could obtain some information.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Sorry to say but i have never heard of this Luftwaffe unit before and there's nothing about it in Lexikon der Wehrmacht...

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

I hope someone else can help you out...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It has to be Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11; the -"334" suffix after the regiment's number makes no sense.

Luftgau-Nachrichten Regiment 11 was the air force signals regiment subordinate to Luftgau XI (Hannover).

It's absolutely impossible to tell you anything about your uncle's occupation within the regiment without knowing anything about him.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    the -"334" suffix after the regiment's number makes no sense
    Hello,
    The number 334 does make sense if the infos about the unit come from the Erkennungsmarke.
    In this case 334 is the number identifying the soldier within Luftgau-Nachrichten Regiment 11, but i guess you already know that....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you gentlemen. In his Wherpass, it has indicated, "1/4/43-12/5/42 Sicherung Griechenlands (protection of Greece). I've looked, but haven't been able to identify anything about that Regiment in Greece. Any ideas?

?

Default Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment 11

Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)Unit: Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11-(334)

This is the only thing I have been able to find out about the Luftgau-Nachrichten troops in Greece :-

Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment Südost

Kommandeure:
    • Obstlt Adolf Mauser, 10.41 - 1.1.43

Stab:
    Formed 10.41 in Athens.
    On 1.1.43 renamed Stab/Luftnachrichten-Regiment Südost.
    I. Abteilung:
    Formed 10.41 in Athens.
    On 1.1.43 renamed Stab I./Luftnachrichten-Regiment Südost.
    • 3. Nachrichten-Kompanie in Athens from Luftnachrichten-Fernsprech-und-Fernschreib-Betriebs-Personal-Kompanie 303; 1.1.43 renamed 3./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40
    • 4. Nachrichten-Kompanie in Athens (new); 1.1.43 renamed 4./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40

1.-2./Lg.Südost were probably never formed, although Allied intelligence does list a 1. Kompanie in Saloniki.
    II. Abteilung:
    Formed 11.41 in Eleusis from Stab/schwere Flugmelde-Abteilung Südgriechenland.
    On 1.1.43 renamed Stab III./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40.
    • 21. schwere Flugmelde-Kompanie in Kalamai(?) from 2./schwere Flugmelde-Abteilung Südgriechenland; 1.1.43 renamed 11./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40
    • 22. schwere Flugmelde-Kompanie in Eleusis from 3./schwere Flugmelde-Abteilung Südgriechenland; 1.1.43 renamed 12./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40
    • 23. schwere Flugmelde-Kompanie in Athens(?) (new); 1.1.43 renamed 13./Luftnachrichten-Regiment 40

I can tell you that several entries indicate he was attached to a unit that did (Tel. Bau) Telegraph line construction and (Fspr. Bau) telephone line construction. Most of the active service was with (mot.) Motorized Regiments. This indicates the construction work was most likely Schweres (Heavy) involving the erection of poles and the use of heavy transport for cables and equipment. NH

?

Thank you gentlemen. I really appreciate the time you took for me.

Reference this Regiment. The only records I have found from Berlin show my late Mother-in-Law was enrolled in LuftgauNachrichten 11 at St Hubertus, Lubeck on 04.09.1944, the record says dog tag....W45-111/Educ.Dept.f.Ln.Help Lg. Nachr. Rgt.11. I have a friend who can make up a set of dog tags for a display I have made for Mum.....can anyone please advise what the dog tag should show?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast