Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Value of my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm thinking of letting my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild go but it's been so very long since I've really kept up with the values of badges, campaign shields, etc., that I really don't k

?

Question Value of my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of letting my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild go but it's been so very long since I've really kept up with the values of badges, campaign shields, etc., that I really don't know what it might be worth these days and I can't find any comparable ones currently for sale at non-dealer prices. I'd appreciate any advice anyone has to give so I can at least ask something reasonable so both I and the potential new owner get a decent deal.

I have no doubts about its authenticity as it was originally part of a lot I bought from the son of a Wehrmacht veteran- I got the man's Erkennungsmarke, Panzerkampfabzeichen and EKII and this Narvikschild, which apparently belonged to a friend of the Panzermann who gave it to the son in the 60s I think it was. Of course it has no bearing on the value of the shield since it cannot be proven, but the guy told me his father had told him the sailor was a junior officer on one of the Zerstörer sunk during the battle. Sadly he didn't know which one and could no longer remember the man's name so I can't look anything up- but it's an interesting anecdote to be sure. It's clearly a KM piece so at least that part fits

Here are photos of the obverse and reverse- it's solid, and has surface oxidation on the back but the front is fairly clean. About 25% of the gilding remains on the front. The prongs are solid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild?   Value of my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild?  

Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of my Kriegsmarine Narvikschild?
    P
    Many