Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht M43 Tunic Original?

Article about: Hi Folks. I normally just collect Soviet stuff but was thinking of adding a German tunic as a comparison to my gymnasterkas. I've seen the this tunic at a modest price that reflects its bad

?

Default Wehrmacht M43 Tunic Original?

Hi Folks.

I normally just collect Soviet stuff but was thinking of adding a German tunic as a comparison to my gymnasterkas.

I've seen the this tunic at a modest price that reflects its bad condition. Looks like the eagle has been reapplied and its lost its collar insignia.

Other than that, does this look like the genuine article please?!

Grateful for thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht M43 Tunic Original?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    The Feldbluse is original, but considering the condition, i would suggest you not to buy it even if it is cheap.
    The most important thing is not the price, it's the condition, here it's quite bad, there are repairs everywhere, no more nap....this Feldbluse is rinsed....
    Nothing can be done to improve it i'm afraid, it has the merit to exist but it's not collectable anymore.
    Especially if you don't usually collect german artefacts, better save your money this time and add more money next time to buy a nice piece that you can be proud of.
    As i always say, we do not collect prices, we collect artefacts.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 04-03-2021 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling....again

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Its certainly seen better days although i'm not usually put off by salty examples. I'll probably take your advice and pass on it.

To be fair, my budget is well above what it's going for.

Hello,
    In my opinion, this is the right choice to make. There are still plenty of nice early or late war Feldblusen on the market.
    The one is this thread would be perfect for an advanced collector of german Feldblusen who would like to set up a mannequin of german PoW. After unstitching the breast eagle it would be the right Feldlbuse for a Pow after two or three years of captivity...
    But this is not what you're looking for i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)