Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What are these boots?

Article about: Hello folks! While browsing on the bay I found these boots. They're listed by the seller as a Wehrmacht item from WWII , but I've never seen anything like them. They would be exceptionally s

Default What are these boots?

Hello folks! While browsing on the bay I found these boots. They're listed by the seller as a Wehrmacht item from WWII , but I've never seen anything like them. They would be exceptionally strange as a Heer item, so I'm wondering if they might be a private purchase item for an officer?
    They more to me like boots for some sort of mounted troop, and look less suited to generic land use.

*Edited*
    A second look also makes me wonder if they might be a paratroop boot?
    Listing:
    Alte Stiefel, 2. Weltkrieg, Knobelbecher ? Sohle m. Eisen u. genagelt - 2. WK ? | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are these boots?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What are these boots?

They seem to me to be German wwI boots, not Wehrmacht.

Would they be mounted troop boots then?

They were a nice pair of pre-War high shaft boots,definitely NOT WWI but still in use during the opening phases of WW2...congrats to the buyer!
    Horrido!

Ah, Thanks so much, Horrido!

Do you know anything else about them you can share?

I considered throwing a bid in on them, but a rare LP I've been looking for for long time came up for sale and I got an incredible deal on it, so I took that as my sign to save!

Pics added to the thread.

Please always save the pics, as E Bay links die leaving a useless thread for future reference.

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the help, Ade!

I'm terrible at inserting pictures and the like. I usually just lean of my girlfriend for that sort of thing

I have a large group pic of some artillery men wearing these. But it is framed so I cannot scan it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    This pair of boots is the prewar Reichswehr ankle boots with integrated leggings. They were adopted in 1933.
    Those with three straps on the legging were meant for non mounted troops. Those meant for mounted troops had four straps.
    Not very common nowadays.....some can still be seen on period pics taken at the beginning of the war in Poland or Western Europe.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)